Early Riser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early Riser

Very first time here. Have been enjoying reading all the comments. I feel a bit lost with all the language. You seem to all have so many "in words" and phrases. I am going to have to learn. Just woke up early again (5.00am) due to crashing out last night when I had the house to myself. When am I going to stop this? Why doesnt my husband help me? I've asked him lots of times? I want to live long enough to collect my pension and I cant see it happening at the moment. Why am I crying?:

Early Riser

Hi Sharon,

I wish it was as easy as those around us helping us. It is not always like that though. You have found this site, and we can help, but you are going to have to help yourself as well. This site is full of a wealth of information and support for you. If you do not already have the book, you can down load it from the home page of this site, or order it.

Certainly we understand how you are feeling. When I first found this site, I felt alone, scared, and more lost than I have ever felt in my life! You are not alone anymore. Read, post and ask questions, and get to know your way around. We are here to help! Best of luck to you as you begin your journey!

Donna

Comment

Early Riser

Welcome Sharon
      Just keep reading and posting! Your cry for help has been heard!
      Nancy

Comment

Early Riser

Hi Sharon,

If you stick with this, you'll be surprised at how soon you'll be giving "newbies" language instruction! On a more serious note, it IS hard at how little our loved ones know about how to help us, and it would be nice if they knew more! But in the final analysis, it is our problem and our responsibility to handle our drinking! (The good news is that we can take the reins and do it and NOT depend on someone else to do it for us!) I'm glad you came to this site-- you will find loads of support here. I hope you will take the first steps and educate yourself about this program by getting the book (by mail or download) doing lots of reading here on the site, posting, asking questions, and chiming in on the threads, too.

You have found a supportive community. Welcome!

Kathy

Comment

Early Riser

Early Riser

Well, here i am crying again! Hard to believe that I can be conforted by complete strangers who dont know me.
          Off to a friends 40th meal tonight and WILL NOT DRINK.
          Always seems a bit boring like that. Its not a very close friend and maybe I shouldnt go, but you try to go through the motions of normality. Will be in touch tomorrow. Thank you to everyone who replied. It makes me feel like someone cares.

Comment

Early Riser

Early Riser

Hi Sharon, How're you doing today? Besides the emotional roller coaster?:rolleyes I know what it's like to have a drinking Hubby in the home when you're trying you're hardest not to. It's really hard. Can be very frustrating. Does he have a problem with it? Or can he "take it" or "leave it"?
            My Hubby, has never gone off the deep end with drinking like I have. So he doesn't understand, the enormity of having it right there in front of you ... when in your mind your trying not to... but your body is reaching for it!
            It's such an internal struggle... more like a private "war zone"! :eek 8o >:
            This program really is a miracle... stick around and let us know how you're doing. Have you thought about trying the topa? I'm convinced it's a lifesaver for me...maybe even a marriage saver!... Hugs, Judie

Comment

Working...
            X