Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Tuesday

Morning all

The sun is shining here - finally!! Not forecast to last long but will enjoy it while it is here. It makes such a difference to everything.

Lost a hen last night and another looks like it is going the same way so back to the books/internet to try to find out what it might be. Looks like it might be contagious. If this one doesn't improve, we'll knock her on the head and get the vet to do a pm in case we need to take further action with the others. Oh, and the mother pig has mange. Ho hum. The good life is never easy!!

Went out with hubby for a meal last night - wasn't particularly good, sadly, but I did only have two glasses of wine. He wanted to carry on when we got home but I really needed my bed. Ready for some AF time more than ever now.

Hope you all have happy, successful, sunshine filled days!

Love

Bessie xxx

ODAT - Tuesday

Bessie sorry about the hen. I can so relate to your post in general about home being a trigger. My MIL is with us it is kind of stressful.I need some AF days to think clearly and move forward, last night was definintely not AF or moderate. I will try today.
    rudemama

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

morning bessie, sry about ur chickens.

good on u going to bed instead of carrying on drinking.

for the rest of ODAT ers is i hope u have good day and keep strong.

day 39 AF for me

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

Good morning Bessie and sorry about your hens -- what are the symptoms?

Rainy day in Chicago but I am feeling cheerful again today. Had a chance to do hypno last night and slept so well that I slept in a bit.

Enjoy your day everyone!

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

Hi everyone

Sorry about the hen Bessie. No snow or sleet today but the sun has not managed to break through. Got a short walk this am as I needed to visit my cousin in hospital. She is nearing the end and very down at the moment. She has been so positive all through her illness, I guess it had to come at some stage. She will be 36 next Monday, it's so so unfair but I guess such is life.

I woke early when hubby was leaving and managed to listen to my hypno cd. I am trying to listen to them early in the day otherwise I fall asleep when I do it at night. Day 9 and feeling very positive.

Rustop

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

oh Gosh Bessie, so sorry about the chickens. I have an odd liking for chickens from my childhood and keep threatening my husband with purchasing a few to keep. The only thing that really stops me is that we do like to travel and finding a cat sitter seems hard enough!
            (an article in this month's Horticulture [magazine] nearly put me over!)

Well I came home late again from a meeting on this big fundraiser for next fall. I knew I had to stay up and do a couple of chores before the am rush and I came very very close to pouring a cocktail to keep me company since everyone had gone to bed. Had the bottle in my hand even. Instead I poured a tall OJ on ice and came on MWO for a little while. It helped get me over! thanks MWO! And the ODAT attitude. I was going to bed in a matter of an hour or two and wouldn't I feel like shit if I couldn't hold out given that I was already in my pajamas!

barebones - good going on 39, I'm at 50 today - yay!

rudemama - I have my MIL coming over this weekend as well. That would typically be a cue to start early in the day for me so I can relate! So try today, get out in the fresh air for a bit if you can and remember that any stress you're feeling can be better handled in other ways.

rustop - so sorry about your friend. that is unfair, but you're a good friend to be with her now and afterwards you can get some comfort from your together time. A lot of people run away when close family or friends are dying...

happy tuesday to our ODATs
            The untold want, by life and land ne?er granted,
            Now, Voyager, sail thou forth, to seek and find.

W Whitman

90+ days yay!

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

Morning everyone. Blizzard conditions yesterday, Sunshine today! Go figure.

Dying chickens, Carrying on hubby, Mangey pigs - all that and only 2 glasses of wine?! - good for you Bessie!!!! Your life never ceases to amaze me! I must come for a visit. Sounds like there is a lot of "scooping" that I could give a hand with.

My MIL is not only a trigger (for everyone in the family), but drinks like fish. When she is around, WE ALL have a saying, "If you can't kill her join her".

April AF is somehow managing to find its own way through my life, cause if I were having my own way I would have blown it already. READ: Temptation Post from Day 7. Oh well, whatever the way, I have stuck to it. I know I should not be saying this but only 22 more days to go.

Have a great day everyone.

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

HI guys, have been so busy! Finally got a chance to get on.

Was AF last night - had an okay weekend - AF friday, slipped on Saturday (not drunk but we were drinking beer all day while working at the house so I'm not even sure how much I even had - just steady all day long) and Sunday 2 beers at the house as well.

But last night started another string for me. I am at 4 for the month of April and 44 since Jan 1 so I'm feeling pretty good. I'm sleeping better and I'm feeling healthier and I am looking forward to another AF night with my tea and my bath tonight - feels so good the next day!

Hope everyone has a great day, whatever your goals.

Love and Hugs,
                Uni
                Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                :h

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

Well I think this second chicken might be egg bound. Read some stuff about giving her some calcium liquid and aspirin for the pain/inflammation. Hmmmm. Local chemist fresh out of calcium liquid but did have some chewable tablets plus Vitamin D and lemon flavoured. So, I crush them up and mix them with water. Chewable isn't soluble. Doh! So I have the bright idea of soaking up the water and floating powdered tablet with bread. Haha! Add the crushed aspirin and approach chicken pen with concoction.

First, catch your chicken. Despite being poorly she was quite capable of skipping round the pen like a chick on speed. So..... rather than rugby tackling her (in retrospect this may have been the very best way to squeeze that stuck egg out!!) I start flicking lumps of the soggy bread mix in front of her beak and she gets the idea and has a peck at it. But so do all the others. So, all my hens have now got soaring levels of calcium and are in no pain. I guess we'll have to wait until tonight and get her off the perch when she is sleeping for another dose and an abdominal massage! Hopefully that egg will pop out like a cork after that!

This is my life. It's not edifying is it?

Bessie xx

PS I skipped the bit in the advice about KY jelly and feeling about for the egg........Frankly my life could do without that particular activity.

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

I think your life is incredibly edifying (it's all relative, right? I'm sure more people have learned about life from reading about your morning than if they had heard about my project issues at work or my kids throwing up)....and quite an amusing story in print. Sorry about the hens/chickens but your description put a smile on my face.

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

Bessie, has anyone ever told you that you should write a book??:H

I am a farm girl myself, and I can relate to alot of your stories--I would have loved to have seen the chicken escapade!

I know this is really late, but I finally got my Internet back! Long, frustrating story, but I'm back and i missed you guys!
                      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

Alright Bessie that does it, I must come for a visit!

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

Hello ODATers,

Just now able to catch up.

Bessie, very amusing but not at the time, I am sure.

Croft, let's find out what the B&B costs and we can go stay there and know Bessie is living without a toilet that flushes, without heat, and no stove. But we can watch tv, and having working plumbing!! :H

Bessie, you really must fix up your cottage so it is a little bit more livable.

On day 23 and feeling okay. Had some cravings today but was able to fend 'em off. Easy to do on the Antabuse because, the option, quite frankly, does not exist.

Love to all,
                          Cindi
                          XIII
                          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

ODAT - Tuesday

Hanging in there strong and steady on Day 4

Ok,

So I've mostly made it through Day 4 - I can't even believe it! Usually by this time I'd crack (guess I must be thinking about eggs, Bessie :H). Actually, Bessie, when I read your posts I couldn't help but think of one of my favorite books - "The Day Jimmy's Boa Ate the Wash," by Steven Kellog. It takes place on a farm where all these crazy things happen.
                            (ok, so I love picture books, being an elementary school teacher)

Anyway, speaking of school... we had Science Fair tonight, and I just got home... and, just like last night, I am ready for bed! I never thought I'd be this tired AF! It's good that I'm sleepy and not the opposite, I guess. I wish everyone a safe evening and I'll check in around this time tomorrow. Thank you all for being there to listen! I couldn't have made it to Day 4 without all the support and encouragement you've given! :thanks:

TTFN - Ta Ta For Now!
                            Nobody trips over mountains. It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble. Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain.

Comment

Working...
                            X