Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is today the day...

Hi everyone,

Well, didnt sleep a wink last night. Whipped myself into an absolute frenzy. Felt like my heart would just jump out of my chest. Not because I drank to much as usual but because I made a commitment to myself to be sober. Can I get through without my crutch? More importantly can my family get through if I don't?

Hopefully - today is the day.

Sober Reality

Is today the day...

"Can I get through without my crutch?"

yes you can! you're excited about your sobriety - that feeling is what you need to tap into these first few (roughest) days

today is the day
    The untold want, by life and land ne?er granted,
    Now, Voyager, sail thou forth, to seek and find.

W Whitman

90+ days yay!

Comment

Is today the day...

No need to hope, just MAKE it happen.
      Try some Valerian or Calmes Forte for your anxiety.
      Hang in there!
      ~Laura

Insanity
      : doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results................... Albert Einstein

Comment

Is today the day...

It gets easier each day/night sober.. Just hang in a few days.. and you'll start to sleep..

Now I look forward to going to bed .. That was my biggest aversion to not drinking.. not passing out and not being able to get to sleep. It doesn't take as long as you think it will. Just expect it will be difficult at first... a little easier each night.

Something that works for me... Get comfortable and then don't move... period. Don't toss and turn. Eventually you'll go to sleep.
        P.S. You can't love if you don't love yourself... :heart:

As you wander through life, sister/brother, whatever be your goal, keep your eye upon the donut, and not upon the hole.
        - Sign in the Mayflower Coffee Shop, Chicago

Comment

Is today the day...

You CAN do it-one step at a time!
          :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Is today the day...

Yes, you can do this. Yes, your family needs you (sober). You can do this with the help here. Please come back every day. Talk to us, let us help you.
            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Is today the day...

SR,
              Welcome to one of the best things I think you can do for yourself and yes for your family, but most importantly for you!
              This site will allow you to discover that you are not alone, there are many here who have made the same decision you have made, and we are all doing this together. Since I hae joined, I have met some pretty incredible people who were willing to if you will hold my hand as I made the first few baby steps and then they were there to rejoice with me as I started to discover how good being sober really feels.
              Please come back often, post, read, chat..tell us about you, as much as you want to, and we can all work together to stay A/F!
              Enjoy Life!
              BHOG
              War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

Is today the day...

SR - A BIG WELCOME!! :welcome:
                AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

Is today the day...

SR-
                  just checking in with you, how did last night go? How do you feel today? Looking forward to hearing from you!
                  BHOG
                  War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

Working...
                  X