Day Five

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day Five

Day five and praying. thanks all for the encouragement. This morning I actually stopped and chatted up my neighbor and really meant it and actually enjoyed the company. Yikes, this being sober is a gift. Dear Lord, I hope I can remember that -- this time. Thanks all!!!
    Matt

Day Five

Way to go Matthen!
    ~Laura

Insanity
    : doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results................... Albert Einstein

Comment

Day Five

Matt - that's so great! Thank you for sharing your success. Can't wait to see what else is waiting for you ! Good work!!!!
      Love WW xx

Comment

Day Five

Good going! Keep up the good work! It's small wonders like the one you mentioned that we often miss that are worth celebrating. Using alcohol as a crutch for a long time you forget.
        :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Day Five

Need some advice

I just asked for this on another thread but would like to repeat here. The issue is that although i do not have a constant craving, i am compulsive. At some point a glass of wine appears in front of me or a madness swoops over me and i rush out and buy a bottle and i am gone for another week. I don't keep booze in the house but it finds me or i find it. I know its called triggers, but wow? How to turn them off?
          Matt

Comment

Day Five

.... :hug:

awesome huh.... That is something I started to notice too .. me being more social and not afraid/ashamed to talk to neighbors/people.

Way to go Mattt!!
            P.S. You can't love if you don't love yourself... :heart:

As you wander through life, sister/brother, whatever be your goal, keep your eye upon the donut, and not upon the hole.
            - Sign in the Mayflower Coffee Shop, Chicago

Comment

Day Five

matthen;306648 wrote: I just asked for this on another thread but would like to repeat here. The issue is that although i do not have a constant craving, i am compulsive. At some point a glass of wine appears in front of me or a madness swoops over me and i rush out and buy a bottle and i am gone for another week. I don't keep booze in the house but it finds me or i find it. I know its called triggers, but wow? How to turn them off?
              boy I don't know.. I know I was Very careful and even a little reclusive during my first days AF. I didn't put myself in situations I knew would tempt me until I knew I could handle it... This took about a week, almost two. Some situations I'm still not ready for.. like going to a bar. A friend wants to go to lunch today and he usually likes wine with lunch with me... hmm.. It may not be easy, but I'll make it through no matter what. I hate that late afternoon feeling after having a drink so early... ick.. groggy... Just hope he understands enough not to drink in front of me yet.
              P.S. You can't love if you don't love yourself... :heart:

As you wander through life, sister/brother, whatever be your goal, keep your eye upon the donut, and not upon the hole.
              - Sign in the Mayflower Coffee Shop, Chicago

Comment

Day Five

Awesome matthen,

Stay at it! Every day now gets easier! Keep the Faith!

Guy
                Day 16 AF
                "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

Day Five

Thanks for the advice of staying low for the first days -- avoid all temptation. Right now I am practicing in my head how to handle situations in which I generally leap at a drink. For example when a neighbor stops by with a bottle of wine and says lets have a drink. Haven't figured out yet how to handle it, but wi work on it. Any thoughts would be a help?:thanks:
                  Matt

Comment

Day Five

Hello Matt,

Awesome job on 5 days, you are doing great. I know how you feel when you say a madness swoops over you, I'm kinda feeling that way now. Just waiting for it to pass, so I jumped on here. Regarding your neighbor coming over with a bottle of wine, I would just say I'm not drinking right now, giving myself a break. You don't have to go into details if you don't want to, I know I don't like to, I have a few people that know my struggles with AL and that's it. Hope that helps, have a good day, will be praying for you!

Twosox

Comment

Day Five

Some people have used health as a reason or being on antibiotics etc. to not socially drink.
                      Best suggestion for cravings is to keep REAL busy. I found that when I had time to think about drinking is when I craved drinking.
                      :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X