Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mary Mary Quite Contrary...

The child in me

If I tell myself I can drink if I want to, I dont want to.

If I tell myself I cannot drink under any condition, I really really want a drink.

Am I just a great big bloody baby or are there other people who feel the same way?

Jools - Ga Ga Ga xxxxx

That is so true! We are almost like children in some ways. I remember when my kids were toddlers, they could be happily playing with one thing, while other toys lwere ying around them. But AS SOON as another child picked up a toy that belonged to them, suddenly they totally forget that they were content.. and its now, "MINE, MINE!! I think our nature tells us to desire the very thing we are not supposed to have. It goes back to the garden of Eden I believe...

You have a great point that I am sure we can all relate too!

Allie

Comment

Chuckle, Jools!:lol
      One good thing though.
      Used to be on my "I'm not allowed to drink" days, it would go a little something like this:
      white knuckles, obsess, a bit resentful, just wait til tomorrow, "oh, the horror!!"
      It is easier now. Like this morning, I said it's an alcohol free day, (headache from wine last night...so maybe cheating, but it never stopped me before, actually fueled the fire sometimes), and that was that. Took my supps, and simply did not drink alcohol.
      My mother in law even came over and wanted a beer and I didn't say "mine mine mine" and smack her in the head with my barbie doll!!!!:rollin

Comment

That is so me!!!!!!! too. If someone says I can't do something I WANT TO DO IT NOW>: I do tell myself thats this is my choice and give the power back to myself That why I think I reacted so badly when my husband went out without me one night. I felt that he was telling me "You can't drink" nah nah nah nah nah so the rebellious brat came out and whack him one (figuratively speaking of course): I just keep on remembering I choose not to drink today!
        Love Shas

Comment

Well Rebecca, if it weren't so close to Mother's Day... it might be ok to smack your Mother In Law, w/your barbie doll, over a beer! But maybe give it a few days...Ha! :rollin ....You crack me up! I know my Mother in Law would love this post! Reminds me, I'm over due to call her... thanks:eek :b

Comment

Working...
          X