ODAT - Wednesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Wednesday

Hello lovely ODATers - new and old (or perhaps 'established' would be a better word!)

Glorious morning in the east of the UK here. Need to get out and do a load of stuff. No, actually what I really need to do is stop thinking that I NEED to do some stuff and decide what I WANT to do.

Had a bad night last night with Al and have finally got it into my head that I am stressed, anxious and not myself at all really. A workaholic as well as an alcoholic. Using Al to knock myself out. Still have a sense of humour (thankfully!) but my joie de vivre is not what it could be. My usual enthusiasm and energy is not all there and I don't like it. My life is wonderful really but I am just not allowing myself to enjoy it. I'm going to put some effort into changing that.

So Bessie is focussing on Bessie today.

Hope you all can do the same - enjoy your lives - even if parts aren't good, focus on the bits that are. Would love a group hug :l:l

Have a wonderful Wednesday....

Bessie xxx

ODAT - Wednesday

Hi Bessie and all to come

You are right Bessie, you need to focus on you. You have been going at a crazy rate the last few weeks. Take some time out and take care of yourself, you deserve it. Believe me you will feel so much better. As well as kicking Al's butt I have been on a healthy eating plan the last week or so. I need to loose about 10lbs before summer!!

It's not a diet but I have been having a healthy three meals with fruit in between. No junk and no white bread. I can notice the difference already. I have a real sweet tooth and I think that taking the sugar out of the picture has also helped with the cravings for Al. Physically its doing me good but also psychologically. On Day 10 and feeling positive.

Good luck everyone else whatever your goals are.

Rustop

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Rustop - I am going to follow you down that route - I know all about how to eat healthily and I haven't been doing it lately. But not today....! Am just back from a walk in the woods with hubby and the dogs. Then we treated ourselves to a bacon butty and a mug of tea at a cafe.!! So the white bread has already been eaten today! Enjoyed it very much. Just getting away from the work/house. I realised that it was the first time in ages I had just sat and ate. No talking, planning, jumping up to do something while I thought of it, no bolting just to get the meal over and the next job on.

Bxx

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

OK, What's a bacon butty?
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

OK - I knew that would fox somebody!! A roll, a bap or even a sandwich. English lesson number 2 for Greeny!

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

You tease me Bessie!!! :H A bap? What the heck is a bap? You are going to have to send me an English dictionary!
            sigpic

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Think you would call it a bun. Like a burger goes in. Here a bun is usually a sweet thing. Bath bun, currant bun, iced bun. Need to find a translation website for you hun......:H:H.

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Here 'tis!

British to American Translator & British Dictionary

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

ROFLMArseO!!!!! Dictionary said a bap was a breast!
                  sigpic

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

:H:H:H:H:H

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

That translator is the most fun!!! I'm SO excited!
                      sigpic

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Maybe now you will understand what I am saying!!

Sorry to everyone else for us hijacking this thread! We've obviously got something far more important that we need to be doing that we're putting off by spending time on here! Am I right Greeny?!

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

I'll do anything to avoid the black hole!
                          sigpic

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

Good Morning! It's Day 2 for me again! Feeling great.
                            Bessie and Greeneyes...you guys are so funny!!! Have a great day everyone!!
                            Love and Peace
                            When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
                            -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

ODAT - Wednesday

i lived in England for a year i know what a butty is . Now a bap..... af yesterday hoping to string some together. love you all rudemama

Comment

Working...
                              X