All Welcome the New Guy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All Welcome the New Guy!

Hey everyone! If you couldnt tell, Im new here, lol. I came here because although I dont feel i need to control my drinking, my family, and friends do. My girlfriend even left me because she claimed I was more involved in the bar life than I was in hers. So now Im womanless(ladies ), and the bickering of family and friends has finally brought me to make a change.

I go to the internet to do pretty much everything, so I figured this was no exception. The 12 step program is BS in my opinion and i feel that the help of random strangers online is better than the help of random strangers in person.

So here I am!

All Welcome the New Guy!

:welcome::goodjob: Coumadin

You are certainly in the right place for loads of support and guidance. If you have not read Roberta Jewell's book it is well worth making the effort. Loads of advice in it, together with suggestions on supplements you can take etc. They certainly helped me when I started out together, of course, with the support of all the people on this site. Look forward to seeing you around the boards

Sweetpea xx
    :flower: Keep strong and focused things do get better and you will find your happy :h

Comment

All Welcome the New Guy!

Keep reading and posting here. The fog will gradually clear, and your future will emerge.
      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

All Welcome the New Guy!

Welcome Coumadin -- strange that the folks all around me thought that I was in love with alcohol -- I just thought I was having an extended youth. Oh well, after a lot of denial and more importantly a lot of loneliness and depression, I got on board. I am a drunk, alcoholic and I hope a newly minted tea totaler on my 7th day AF, Feels nice. Good luck whatever you decide on the future. But why not try 7 or 30 days AF so you can compare being dry to being boozy?:welcome:
        Matt

Comment

All Welcome the New Guy!

Welcome Coumadin--interesting name...............looking forward to hearing more about you. If you have any ?? we'll try to help. You'll get some good advice whether you ask for it or not.

:welcome:
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

All Welcome the New Guy!

You did indeed come to the right place Coumadin. I tried 12 steps for 10+ years and just never worked for me. No knock on it; I know it has saved the lives of many. This place feels very comfortable, you can stay seated, you don't have to say a word word (but you are encouraged to read and post), and you don't even have to call yourself the 'A' word : ) It took me 38 days into the MWO program before I actually posted so good start and good luck on your path whatever you choose. There are lots of really good people here to provide support if needed.
            I went to my doctor and told him I had a serious drinking problem and that I was in desperate need of a solution. He said, 'Stop drinking.' I said, 'I don't get it..' He said, 'Go home and think about it.'

Comment

All Welcome the New Guy!

Hi there and welcome!!!! Stay with us! We are nice random strangers.

Comment

Working...
              X