Thursday Start Date?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday Start Date?

You are right and a plan is exactly what I need. I had a long, long commute home in the april snow and hungry kids calling while I crepts along so BAM there was the little excuse I needed! Although I did not consume huge amounts so I feel good today. Its quiet at work today and I'm making my list of things to do this weekend to keep busy AF, and of course I'm surfing the website!

I hope to get to a wify coffee shop to check in over the weekend too. If not, I'm hoping for a positive report Monday!

Congrats to Phil who did make it an AF Thursday!

Comment

Thursday Start Date?

The first thing I learned was there will always be a 'reason' to drink. Funny thing is these are usually the same reasons NOT to drink.

Ypu have plenty going for you and many without your 'busy' life often struggle to give up since they have so much 'not' to do - so get lonely and bored. You have so much going for you and for not drinking you don't realise it. Part of me getting better and staying off the booze included changing the way I see things in my life.

Today I got news that threatens to put my future life and propserity in jeopardy despite all my attempts to build something for myself. In the past I would have gone straight to the pub on that one - I have no children nor many commitments so it would be so easy to give up. I have to remember how much worse things would be if I drank now.

Accept the things you cannot change;

The weather, the fact you drank yesterday and have a hangover, your kids.

You can change;

Whether you drink - which then will change how you feel about yourself (proud) and your life. Oh, and drinking AL does increase your susceptability to cold. I felt really cold my first few days in rehab - until I got my energy back and feel great now.

Comment

Thursday Start Date?

You have good points UK, I don't think I have ever looked at the fact that it could be the opposite and I could have nothing to do or no one to "take care of", etc.

Thank you for that perspective.

Comment

Thursday Start Date?

One day at a time......

It's Friday, Thuzzy, and I made it through yesterday AF, thanks to your post about Thursday being a good start date. Let's start together today, Friday. How about it?

Comment

Thursday Start Date?

Today is a great day to start! I have to work a little later so that will take care of some of my "happy hour" hard time. I've been taking the supps all week even though I have drank and I really think they are starting to help with some of the physical stuff. You guys always help with the psychological stuff!

Comment

Thursday Start Date?

Today is going to be my third day AF thanks to ThuzzQ's post. Congrats to readytotry as well.
              Love and Peace,
              Phil
              Love and Peace,
              Phil

Sobriety Date 12.07.2009

Comment

Thursday Start Date?

ThuzzQ

Yes, a lot of drinkers have problems with boredom and loneliness when they give up - that's one of the reasons why AA meetings are often in the evenings.

Alcoholics also tend to see the "grass is greener on the other side" when in fact they have a lot to be grateful for and lots of folk say they drink because they don't have children or a job. There will always be an excuse and having a busy life is a good reason not to drink - means you can then be fitter and more capable of getting through it all.

I know it isn't easy but I got there, eventually. I can be the busiest person in the world and have learned to step back. Today I decided my shopping could wait and to go to the local Saturday morning meeting was more important than groceries or a new skirt! I went to AA, then met my Mother in town for coffee. Both things I couldn't do before.

Anyway just take it easy, ODAT.

Comment

Working...
                X