Day 7 Feels Good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 7 Feels Good

I like being sober today. This time it feels like I have just begun whereas in the past when I got to day 4 or so, I felt like I was without a drink for far too long .. I think this site makes a big difference. Somehow it makes me realize that it is a day to day struggle, and many of us have just begun.

In AA there are so many people kind of noisily celebrating their 5, 10 or whatever years that it is hard to relate. And they always ask up front how many are 30 days or less. In a pretty big group maybe 5 people out of 25 raise their hands. So you just don't feel part of the group sometimes. They are all having a social hour and I am a drunk who wants to talk about well, me.

I still go to AA pretty often, but it is this site that is making a difference.

I probably won't be on the MWO for a week because I am going to a family funeral in another state. It will be a bit difficult but the family does not drink all that much so I will be reasonably safe. Good luck to you all. Talk soon, :thanks:
    Matt

Day 7 Feels Good

Hi....

Just wanted to say a huge thankyou for your support. A massive well done to you, 7 days... watch out... im catching u up. xxx

Comment

Day 7 Feels Good

Congrats on a week-see how quickly that went by! Keep up the great work!
      :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Day 7 Feels Good

Hixxx

Me again... so your off to a family funeral. Ive been to many a funeral, mostly alcohol related. The last two funerals spring to mind, one being my sons dad just over 2 years ago, death caused by alcohol. I was drunk for a week previous, i was drunk at the funeral and i made a right show of myself, a time i should have been sobre due to the relevance. The last funeral i drove a friend to his sisters funeral, hung over because funerals make me drink (HA HA) again i made an idiot of myself, crying slobbering, and the truth of the matter is, i didnt even know the person who had died. Please be guarded, and dont do what i did, you will feel so guilty and crap for days as i did. xx

Comment

Day 7 Feels Good

matthen;307999 wrote: I like being sober today. This time it feels like I have just begun whereas in the past when I got to day 4 or so, I felt like I was without a drink for far too long .. I think this site makes a big difference. Somehow it makes me realize that it is a day to day struggle, and many of us have just begun.

In AA there are so many people kind of noisily celebrating their 5, 10 or whatever years that it is hard to relate. And they always ask up front how many are 30 days or less. In a pretty big group maybe 5 people out of 25 raise their hands. So you just don't feel part of the group sometimes. They are all having a social hour and I am a drunk who wants to talk about well, me.

I still go to AA pretty often, but it is this site that is making a difference.

I probably won't be on the MWO for a week because I am going to a family funeral in another state. It will be a bit difficult but the family does not drink all that much so I will be reasonably safe. Good luck to you all. Talk soon, :thanks:
          Matten,

It sounds like you have finally heard the "click" that makes it all make sense. It is the mindset.

Good luck next week. Stay strong and let us know how you are when you get back.

Love,
          Cindi
          XXV
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Day 7 Feels Good

Good for you!!!!!

Stay with us!!!! So happy you are feeling good. I am addicted to this site.

Comment

Day 7 Feels Good

Matt - sorry about the funeral but so wonderful to see your success and happiness continue to grow.

Will miss your posts while you are away (I read them even if I don't always have anything to post back ) -- you are a very positive and supportive person.

See you soon!

Comment

Day 7 Feels Good

Matt - you sound like you are truly on your way! Be safe during the travels and get back in here as soon as you get back!
                Liv
                AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

Day 7 Feels Good

awesome 7 days keep it up and yeah i like the AA meeting too.
                  but i love coming to this site.great job keep going and coming back here
                  altogether it all works finding your wa out .
                  peace and god bless
                  :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                  best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Day 7 Feels Good

Thankyou

Thankyou so very much for the support. I believe that for me it has been a huge factor in staying sober for 7 days. In the morning I am off to a family funeral so I most likely will not be on MWO for a week or so. I will work hard to keep the run going and I hope that you can achieve your goals. Thanks a million and be in touch soon.
                    Matt

Comment

Day 7 Feels Good

Matt,

Way to go on 1 week, so glad!! Looks like you found your grove....stay there!!

On my way
                      Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Day 7 Feels Good

WTG Matt!! That Day 7 has done me in so far.. Fridays.. but I'm determined I'll make it tomorrow night..

So sorry to hear of the funeral...

We'll miss you.. !! You're already a big part of the community..
                        P.S. You can't love if you don't love yourself... :heart:

As you wander through life, sister/brother, whatever be your goal, keep your eye upon the donut, and not upon the hole.
                        - Sign in the Mayflower Coffee Shop, Chicago

Comment

Working...
                        X