Hi....

Thankyou all so much for your support. xxxx

Hi....

A big hug Lucy and thanks!!
    Matt

Comment

Hi....

Hixxxx

Thankyou for the hug...... Im sat with a diet coke and got through 15 ciggs today, but hey no alcohol. Thank goodness i found this site.

Comment

Hi....

Lucy ~ I'm so happy for you. You sound great!

What exactly is working for you right now? I think we've gotten a lot of new members in a very short amount of time and some are really struggling to get started. Do you have any advice for them?

Keep up the fantastic work!

Love, Me
        :l
        Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Hi....

Good for you Lucy. You can do it and we are here for you. Just keep trying and you'll make it!! :l
          When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
          -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

Hi....

Hixxx

I dont think im in a position at the mo to offer advice, however, since you asked, and you may regret you did it was like this...... last week i stayed up late watching tv, drinking wine, and more wine, ran out and even rang a cab to bring me more wine which they dully did at a price, this continued for almost three days. I rang friends to take and collect my son from school which they dully did. My son was due for camp for four days and was looking forward to it, he didnt go because i was drunk. Eventually i woke up in bed, pickled, literally, and boy did i feel ill. i had a lump on my head, bruises on my legs, where i must have fallen. I brushed my teeth and retched, head down the loo, not a pretty sight, retching so much my tummy was so sore straining. i couldnt function at all,my heart was racing so much i thought i was going to have a heart attack. i couldnt care if i did i felt so ill. Friends had been round to my home, it was in such a mess i couldnt begin to face the tidy up job, so off to bed i went, but couldnt sleep, "Oh My God" i kept saying did i really do that as memory was coming back, and yep i sure did.Id rang my poor old dad whos not long had triple heart by pass, rambling on about the past upsetting him immensley.I rang anyone whos number i had. The next day was better, the house was getting back in order,i picked up the mail, but was not ready to open, more hassle of dealing with issues...the guilt, shame, embarrasment, which of course ive done worse i kept telling myself. But this time was different, ive been lucky, ive a nice house, a sports car two cars atually one banger to run my son around, ive driven when been drunk, school pick ups down the garage to get more wine. i realised ive got away with it for now.I was brought up by alcoholics, my loving family who are tee total now, and didnt want my son to experience what i went through. Realisation just hit me right between the eyes and that was it. This is not to say im not gagging for a chilled white wine because i am right now. But i dont want to feel that ill ever again, i truly thought i was going to die. Hope this helps. I would add my drinking has been in progress for over 20 years, and there is not much i havent done to make a complete fool of myself.

Comment

Hi....

Hixx

also to add, on the third day when i was suffering the withdrawals, there was no food in the house, i WALKED yes WALKED, with my son who was on his bike down to the local shops, sunglasses on when it was snowing, hopeing no one would see me, but of course i bumped in to all and sundrie, needed that like a hole in the head, got to the shops and hadnt a clue what i was buying, just grabbed whatever, but no wine. I was keeping an eye on my son on his bike with the roads etc, and i had a panic attack, hot flushes, shakes etc, and i truly didnt think id make it home. I did thank goodness, but what an experience, it was hell.

Comment

Hi....

oh Lucyxxx, XX to you with all my heart. The past is just that and the best thing you can do to heal the guilt and regret is to move on. First thing is your health: you might need to see an MD. and then get some vitamins... C, B, calcium, magnesium (I just wrote that somewhere here??) Do this for your son and most of all, for yourself. g.

Comment

Hi....

Hixx

Thankyou gelgit im armed with my list of Omega 3 fish oil, B50 complex vitC Magnesium plus, calcium Kudzu, gosh i will have no time to drink, just rattle. xxxx

Comment

Hi....

Lucyxxx;308033 wrote: Thankyou for the hug...... Im sat with a diet coke and got through 15 ciggs today, but hey no alcohol. Thank goodness i found this site.
                    WTG Lucy!! My sentiments exactly on finding this site...
                    P.S. You can't love if you don't love yourself... :heart:

As you wander through life, sister/brother, whatever be your goal, keep your eye upon the donut, and not upon the hole.
                    - Sign in the Mayflower Coffee Shop, Chicago

Comment

Hi....

Lucyxxx;308064 wrote: I dont think im in a position at the mo to offer advice, however, since you asked, and you may regret you did it was like this...... last week i stayed up late watching tv, drinking wine, and more wine, ran out and even rang a cab to bring me more wine which they dully did at a price, this continued for almost three days. I rang friends to take and collect my son from school which they dully did. My son was due for camp for four days and was looking forward to it, he didnt go because i was drunk. Eventually i woke up in bed, pickled, literally, and boy did i feel ill. i had a lump on my head, bruises on my legs, where i must have fallen. I brushed my teeth and retched, head down the loo, not a pretty sight, retching so much my tummy was so sore straining. i couldnt function at all,my heart was racing so much i thought i was going to have a heart attack. i couldnt care if i did i felt so ill. Friends had been round to my home, it was in such a mess i couldnt begin to face the tidy up job, so off to bed i went, but couldnt sleep, "Oh My God" i kept saying did i really do that as memory was coming back, and yep i sure did.Id rang my poor old dad whos not long had triple heart by pass, rambling on about the past upsetting him immensley.I rang anyone whos number i had. The next day was better, the house was getting back in order,i picked up the mail, but was not ready to open, more hassle of dealing with issues...the guilt, shame, embarrasment, which of course ive done worse i kept telling myself. But this time was different, ive been lucky, ive a nice house, a sports car two cars atually one banger to run my son around, ive driven when been drunk, school pick ups down the garage to get more wine. i realised ive got away with it for now.I was brought up by alcoholics, my loving family who are tee total now, and didnt want my son to experience what i went through. Realisation just hit me right between the eyes and that was it. This is not to say im not gagging for a chilled white wine because i am right now. But i dont want to feel that ill ever again, i truly thought i was going to die. Hope this helps. I would add my drinking has been in progress for over 20 years, and there is not much i havent done to make a complete fool of myself.
                      wow.... You have quite a story Lucy...

You know... as you continue, that guilt/shame and all that terrible stuff will go away.. as you start to feel good about things again.. but mostly yourself.

You can do this... just stay close to the forum.. and don't forget that moment that brought you to where you are now...

:l
                      P.S. You can't love if you don't love yourself... :heart:

As you wander through life, sister/brother, whatever be your goal, keep your eye upon the donut, and not upon the hole.
                      - Sign in the Mayflower Coffee Shop, Chicago

Comment

Hi....

Wow, Lucy. Thank you for sharing that. I guess we all have that moment when "we hit bottom". It's horrible that you and your family had to go through that, but at least it got you to this point. You should be very proud of yourself for finally realizing that you deserve to be healthy and happy.

You give your son a big hug and give yourself a huge pat on the back.

Again, I wish you the very best.

Love, Me

PS ~ I loved your comment about having no time to drink because you rattle! :H
                        Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Working...
                        X