Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Friday

Cindi

Cindi, I really feel for you, it's got to be one of the hardest things watching your daughter suffer and there's nothing really you can do. I don't know if this will help or not..Oprah had a man on her show yesterday whose son was a crystal meth addict. I'm sorry I wasn't watching very closely, but it was an amazing story. He talked about being addicted to the addicted which is what happens---been there done that. Anyway, the father and the son have both written books, which I thought you might be interested in. "My Beautiful Boy", and I can't remember the name of the son's book. If you were interested you could go to Oprah.com and find out. You are a very strong person, I feel for you and God be with you and your family.:h
    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

ODAT - Friday

OMG Cindi... I can't even imagine what that's like...

Does She understand she will die if she doesn't stop NOW??? Dam.. I'm so sorry... Can he just call an ambulance??

*tears in eyes *

cindi;308532 wrote: Now, on to me. My SIL called me last night and talked. My daughter's drinking is getting really bad. He said that the night before she had gone to the bathroom and pure red blood came out instead of poop. This is a sign of liver cancer or serious liver damage. Yet she would not go to the doctor. He got home yesterday with her daughter and she was so drunk she could barely talk and walk. She passed out by 6:30.

I simply do not know what to do. Our state does not have the Baker Law and the process of committing someone for mental illness specifically precludes alcoholism.

My SIL is young and has no clue that he is about to lose his wife. She is truly dying from alcohol. It is killing her.

Yet, she does not want to give up AL.

It seems preposterous to any except us, those who have been sick with AL. But, nonetheless, we are talking about my little girl. My baby, the one I held in my arms, the one I watched grow up into a beautiful young woman with such pride. My best friend.

And I am watching her die from a disease I hate.

I am trying so hard to be sane and think my way through this but it is difficult. I do pray the Serenity prayer often and I keep trying to find out what I can do to change this and the courage to change it and know and accept that there are some things I cannot change.

I am not angry or resistant anymore. I know this disease and I know it well. What I need at this point is any suggestions or thoughts that can help me with helping her and many prayers for her healing.

Love to all,
      Cindi
      XXVI
      P.S. You can't love if you don't love yourself... :heart:

As you wander through life, sister/brother, whatever be your goal, keep your eye upon the donut, and not upon the hole.
      - Sign in the Mayflower Coffee Shop, Chicago

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Cindi,

I am so sorry. Can't even imagine what you must be going through. Sending prayers along. Take care of yourself - gotta love the AB.
        Beck
        Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Okay, we had dinner with her tonight after hubby's colonoscopy and Li'l Bit.

SIL is taking them both to a movie tonight and then taking daughter out of town for a night of just the "two of them." Apparently, she refused to go to doctor and her symptoms have miraculously gone away, even though we didn't broach the subject. A little too scary to talk about in front of granddaughter.

So, I guess I have to wait until Sunday when she gets back.

I am not sure where this is going to go.

I guess I just have to ride it out.

Love to all and thanks for caring,
          Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Which is totally ridiculous. I can't approach her without huge histrionics and worry and I have to keep my mouth shut until she is ready to talk about it.

Arrrggghhh.

SIL told me about the blood and she hasn't mentioned it to me at all.

Cindi
            XXVI
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Yes you can, Cindi. You can be calm and non-judgmental. You can open the door to her room (so to speak) and check on her. Extend your hand. I think of you both often and hope that she takes your hand. :l
              sigpic
              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
              X