Hixxxxx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hixxxxx

This time last week i was drunk, today im sober, 7 DAYS. Phewwwwwwwwwwww. Going out to buy my fish oils magnesium etc, any further tips on supps that i need? please.xxxx Hope you all all doing just as fine. xxx

Hixxxxx

Congratulations on 7 days

Hi Lucy,
    You must be pleased. Im 14 days off the AL. Personally It seems the main thing stopping me drinking is the campral; it seems to slightly numb my response to triggers such as smelling AL on some one or seeing advertising for AL or even though Im in a stressful situation I seem to be a lot calmer but not feeling affected like on valium.
    Detox clinic recommend thiamine B1 daily.
    Best Wishes.
    Tweezy

Comment

Hixxxxx

healthy living

Hey Lucy Great News on 7 days sober!! Well done!!

I've been eating a more healthy diet and taking supplements recently and it has helped me immensely. I originally started doing this as my liver has a lot of fatty deposits that's been caused by my history of alcohol abuse. What I have found though is that eating healthy has so many more benefits. I'm less lethargic and It's helping with beating the blues. Omega3 fish oils is one of the supplements I take. I also take 500mg of VitC. (I would take 1000mg but I eat a hell of a lot of fruit these days high in natural vitamin C), a vitamin B complex called B100, a regular multi vitamin tablet and a milk thistle supplement to help with the liver cleansing.

The reason why MWO works is that it is a multi faceted approach, and having a healthy diet can help in more ways than you think in aiding a continued life of sobriety (If that is your aim!). I stopped taking anti depressants over a month back now and I feel a hell of a lot better both physically and psychologically for doing so.

Again congratulations and be healthy!!

Love and Happiness
      Hippie
      xx
      "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
      Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Hixxxxx

Congratulations!

Lucy,

I'm so proud of you! Congratulations on making it to day 7! Keep staying strong! We all are here for you! :l
        Nobody trips over mountains. It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble. Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain.

Comment

Hixxxxx

congrats

congrats on 7 days very happy for you

Comment

Hixxxxx

Congratulations!!!!!
            I am so proud of you ( and so envious ). Wish i could do as good as you.
            Just don't seem to be able to get it.
            Good on you:goodjob:

Comment

Hixxxxx

Congrats! That's great-keep up the good work.

I take Milk Thistle to repair & keep the ol' liver healthy. Kudzu for cravings when needed.
              :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X