Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from a newbie

Wooflet

Sounds like you are getting well prepared. Go for it. Ooh and be aware day 4 can be bad craving wise and your emotions may start to come through in week two. They did for me and it was like floodgates opening.

The good news is it only lasted half a day for me and just got better from there. So don't panic, get everything into perspective and you should be fine.

R

Comment

Hello from a newbie

Thanks for the heads-up UKblonde, it's good to know where the tougher times might be, and even better to know that they soon pass. Forewarned is hopefully forearmed.

Congratulations on 36 days AF - I SOOO look forward to being able to say that.

Wooflet x

Comment

Hello from a newbie

Wooflet

Welcome and no, you are not a fraud if not alcohol free. If that were the case, I'd have to leave as well. I don't always have the courage to start my own post but it is amazing when I do. The response is incredible.

I can tell you that this site is just the best. No judgement and always a friendly hand to grab. I can also tell you that this is the first time in 3 years that I have not wanted alcohol every night. Just a little step at a time.

Look forward to hearing more from you.

Myra

Comment

Hello from a newbie

Welcome, W....
          This website has really helped me get started. I knew that this party weekend was going to be tough, and so I started on Thursday and have been AF for 4 days now. The parties were fun and I didn't mind not drinking. I am taking kudzu and other supplements, but still crave that bottle of white wine. Didn't buy any at the grocery store, so there isn't any in the house. My husband and I will come back from a party and have a couple of nightcaps, so these 4 days have been important. I don't know if the supplements are helping, but the encouragement and the support here have helped more than anything else.
          Hang in there and keep posting.

Comment

Hello from a newbie

Hello and great job to you newbies! Ready, I really respect that you can be in a social setting AF so soon. I'm moderating, mainly because I just can't do that! Thanks for sharing.
            The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Hello from a newbie

I'm so proud of you!

Wooflet,

I love your positive attitude - it's infectuous!:h

I can totally identify with becoming attached to this site - it seems in a way like its been that rock that's helped me stay standing. Keep reading and sharing! I look forward to hearing more soon!

I'll leave you with a couple of quotes I found today when I was looking for my signature:

If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking. ~Buddhist Saying

Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Edison failed 10, 000 times before he made the electric light. Do not be discouraged if you fail a few times. ~Napoleon Hill
              Nobody trips over mountains. It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble. Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain.

Comment

Hello from a newbie

How are ya doing, Wooflet?? Hope this is working for you. There will always be somebody here to answer to you. Lots of different time zones going on. Stay strong and do what you want to do -- whatever it is.
                :l
                Owlet
                had some wine while bbq'ing ribs tonite. It's gonna get waaay too hot, so I want to enjoy the outdoors before it turns into a living infierno in my neck of the woods (desert, not woods). But the supps keep the urges down. DON'T GIVE UP - one day down, the next day back up... hang in there, hunny.

Comment

Working...
                X