Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Saturday

Morning all!

Hope you got through Friday night intact. Just been reading a thread on 'obligation' - going out after work drinking, feeling obliged when friends invite you out for a drink etc. One thing I have learnt from my efforts to go AF where possible is that the obligation to drink should not be given in to. There is temptation, there is habit, there are patterns of behvaiour, there is addiction but these are all yours to deal with. The obligation is the perceived expectations of others and is their problem to deal with - absolutely no need to do anything about satisfying them where Al is concerned. I know it is really hard but that obligation is almost always only a social nicety.

I know that when I feel obliged to drink and give in to that obligation (weakened always by my other issues with Al - habit, temptation etc) that is when I am MOST annoyed with myself. It is bad enough that Al has a hold on my life - having other people affect my drinking to suit their own requirements is not acceptable.

Oooh get me! Getting all unecessary this early in the morning....!! :H:H

Got up at 5am (the same time Greeny gets into her gym kit across the Pond. At this time I can only manage to get into a large mug of tea and, this morning anyway, a diatribe about social obligation drinking!) Feeling great due to another AF night and a FABULOUS shiatsu massage. Boy it really bought me right back down into myself and I slept like a baby (probably with the same amount of gas and dribble!) Got a full day ahead. Let's go.

ODAT my lovelies.

Love to all to come. :h

Bessie xx

ODAT - Saturday

I am posting here now even though it is not Saturday in this part of the world yet. I am getting up at 5 a.m. Sat morning to climb a snow covered 14 thousand foot peak. I will not be making time to log on. So happy day to all you MWOers!!!! I will be in my gym of choice!

Comment

ODAT - Saturday

Ripple here, long nappy...freshened up back to self a bit. playing too hard with the barbies! Rehab Barbie is back in the closet with the others dollies..back to kittys. Grateful to be Ripple. :H

Comment

ODAT - Saturday

I'm very much driven by the 'should / ought' thing. I make myself do things I don't really feel like because of this. Now trying to do this AF thing, I'm more aware of MY choices - Ooooooh it's so cool to be allowed to be selfish!!!

Yep - AF yesterday!! Another day, another success!!!!

Crofty - I am really looking forward to seeing piccies of your mural. I have searched but have not found anything. Have you posted them yet?

All the best to everyone for a great Saturday!!

Take care
        xxx
        The mind is in its own place, and in itself
        Can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven.

John Milton

Comment

ODAT - Saturday

have a good day today all.

nothing much to say today im afraid, im just trying to keep peacefull.

so take care hunnies

day 43 AF

Comment

ODAT - Saturday

Morning!

I feel obligated to plug away in the hole, but there is a barbeque cook-off in one of my favorite parks. And it is going to be a pretty day. I have muscian friends playing there so maybe I'll pretend that obligation is more important. I also have an obligation to myself to stop and smell the roses, which I have not done in a bit. Besides, we have awesome barbeque here in southeast USA.

Have a great day!.
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT - Saturday

happy saturday!

Bessie - I agree about the "obligation" to friends thing. Fortunately, I haven't had to deal with that conundrum, yet... although I know its time will come. I will have to just stay strong I keep telling myself why I'm going AF.
              Last night, I wrestled with my own demons, or should I say habits, since it was the first friday that I didn't come home with any bottles of wine to drink. And, I forgot that I would have the place to myself (even worse) because my hubby and the boy went down to Richmond,VA for the weekend. But, that Live Chat helped me keep my mind off the booze, and I goofed around with them until I was ready to hit the sack.
              I'm waking up happy, today, because I'm at 7 days - 1 week since I first started. I liked your idea of a massage... so, I think I'll have to get one of those and a pedicure... you know, just treat myself.
              Croft, you're going to climb a 14,000 ft mountain? That's incredible! I can't wait to hear how it was!
              Happy Saturday, everyone!:wave:
              Nobody trips over mountains. It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble. Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain.

Comment

ODAT - Saturday

Good morning all, I don't typically post (much) on weekends but have the morning to myself (sort of)

Good luck to all ODATers - as I approach 2 months, I'm still a bit alarmed by the devil on my shoulder.. even if I can shut her up pretty quickly.

I was hoping that she would be silent by now - not so much. I was all alone last night and watching clive owens on screen :h and thought that no one would see me have a drink - frankly no one has noticed or mentioned that I'm not (to my face anyway) but instead of topping my OJ with V, I topped it with pink grapefruit juice. And ate a big bowl of pretzels quite mindlessly.

Another rainy weekend in the northeast making me crabby since I would like to be working outside in the yard.

Thanks ODATers - and still thinking about you Cindi.

Have a lovely weekend everyone
                The untold want, by life and land ne?er granted,
                Now, Voyager, sail thou forth, to seek and find.

W Whitman

90+ days yay!

Comment

ODAT - Saturday

Morning everyone. Rainy here and busy.

Bessie - loved the post and it's very true. I find when I drink over at family dinners it's because I feel obligated to have that first glass of wine -- it's rude not to and everyone feels uncomfortable when I don't drink. Well, they will just have to get used to it.

Croft - I will never in my life be able to post what you just posted : ).

Gathings - you are doing great, Keep it up!

D-Cat - we notice. Good job on not topping off your drink in front of Clive. Good luck tonight as well.

Ripple - I post with one of my daughters sitting in my lap - she really loves your 'Dollie! Dollies!' but this morning was also happy to see 'the Kitty'.

Enjoy the weekend everyone and let's be obligated only to ourselves...

Comment

ODAT - Saturday

disapprovingcat;309314 wrote: Good morning all, I don't typically post (much) on weekends but have the morning to myself (sort of)

Good luck to all ODATers - as I approach 2 months, I'm still a bit alarmed by the devil on my shoulder.. even if I can shut her up pretty quickly.

I was hoping that she would be silent by now - not so much. I was all alone last night and watching clive owens on screen :h and thought that no one would see me have a drink - frankly no one has noticed or mentioned that I'm not (to my face anyway) but instead of topping my OJ with V, I topped it with pink grapefruit juice. And ate a big bowl of pretzels quite mindlessly.

Another rainy weekend in the northeast making me crabby since I would like to be working outside in the yard.

Thanks ODATers - and still thinking about you Cindi.

Have a lovely weekend everyone
                    Were is Cindi?
                    :l

Comment

ODAT - Saturday

jinja;309205 wrote: I'm very much driven by the 'should / ought' thing. I make myself do things I don't really feel like because of this. Now trying to do this AF thing, I'm more aware of MY choices - Ooooooh it's so cool to be allowed to be selfish!!!

Yep - AF yesterday!! Another day, another success!!!!

Crofty - I am really looking forward to seeing piccies of your mural. I have searched but have not found anything. Have you posted them yet?

All the best to everyone for a great Saturday!!

Take care
                      xxx
                      No photos yet - probably will not have any until late next week.

Comment

ODAT - Saturday

Good evening all my ODATers!!

I am sorry I didn't get a chance to post this morning but was busy with grandchild and daughter.

It has been a sad day for me. Daughter is still not willing to quit drinking even though she barely has enough strength to get through a day. She is supposed to get married May 11 and it is going to be a mess. She is going to be sick and unable to enjoy herself and I have no idea why she is pushing it.

I am doing okay. I did ask her to get paperwork in place for us to take custody grandbaby if something happens to daughter. It would be horrible to have to fight for her if something does happen to her mommy.

I am exhausted and have to go. I am AF and will stay that way.

Love to all of you,
                        Cindi
                        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

ODAT - Saturday

Cindi - I think yesterday you said you were afraid you wouldn't be able to talk to her, and you did, which is a great start. It wasn't successful yet, but it was a step...

She is surrounded by people that love her and the message will get through to her eventually. Hope you find the strength to keep trying and she is eventually able to hear you through her addiction. I can't even imagine what you are going through...but it sounds to me like you are doing everything right and keeping your head AL free during all of this. Many hugs and prayers to you and your family.

Comment

Working...
                          X