Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how long does it take for the Topa etc. to kick in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, this is my first day on the topa and supps. So far I don't feel any different. I still had a bottle of wine tonight ops! I am only on 25 mgs of Topa. When does it kick in???
    Thanks...I love this chat room.

Hi Chardonnay,

some people feel a difference at 25mg, but that doesn't mean they stop drinking right then. You may notice something by 50 mg. I started noticing effects in terms of wanting less to drink almost right away, but didn't feel confident trying to stop drinking until I was in the 200 mg. range.

Hope this helps!
    Kathy

Comment

Hi Chardonnay,

I am not taking the Topa but am taking the Kudzu and L-Glut. They seem to kick in 1-1.5 hrs after taking.

Comment

I didn't start feeling like I *couldn't* drink more than a couple/few drinks until the 50 mg dosage. Stay at the 25 mg dosage for the week it recommends, though. Don't want to experience any of the side effects from titrating up too quickly. If you are really anxious, maybe you could try to cut a 25 tab in half in a few more days, and add that, go a few days with that , then add the other half to equal the 50.
        Slower is better. Trust me! (my experience, anyhow. I suppose everyone is different). Maybe up your Kudzu in the meantime. You can take up to 3000 mg of that too.
        Good luck!
        Becca

Comment

im going to pick up my topomax tomorrow miss chardonnay..more of a suavignon blanc girl but hopefully soon water or maybe cranberry juice will suffice
          good luck to all of us

Comment

hi chardonnay its me rosey smom did you feel anything kick in today?

Comment

I am taking my first 50 mg dose tonight. I did feel "something" this whole week on the 25 mg. What I noticed is on the two eveings I was wine free, the struggle was missing

On a couple nights when I drank my former "usual" 4-5 glasses I felt sicker than usual the next day. The other nights I must not have drank as many glasses of wine or else I ate more food but I felt OK the next day. I am enjoying Good Earth tea these days. It is my new "treat." I think I'll have to buy myself a very fine tea cup too.

I love hearing about everyone's experiences on this road.

Maggie

Comment

on my second day of 25 mg topomax...........very foggy today and a little dizzy for the first couple hours after taking it but certainly didnt fell like a glass of wine with my lunch which i normally have, we'll see what the week is like

Comment

Working...
                X