Thanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks

Thank you to this community. Just knowing I can come here and connect with others who share my problem has been wonderful. It's like the conversation I wanted to have and never did because I thought I would be judged and misunderstood.
    I have not started the program - waiting for the supplements and CD's - but already notice a change - in my thought process and where I go for comfort.
    Thank you so much - all of you BRAVE people.

Thanks

Hi wellseasoned,

Welcome aboard. We may not be brave but we sure are persistent!

Look forward to seeing you around.

Tawny

Comment

Thanks

Persistant is good. It gets the job done.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks tanwyfrog

This is a new way of conversing for me - forgive me

Comment

Thanks

Hi Wellseasoned,

It is great to talk freely and relate so closely. This site has made a huge difference in my own struggle.
          And best of all, you will eventually find that you can belly laugh even when you're sober.

Welcome,
          Helen

Comment

Thanks

Belly Laugh

I look forward to a good sober belly laugh - I don't even have them drunk anymore.
            Thanks

Comment

Thanks

Re: Belly Laugh

Hey Wellseasoned, welcome! Check out the Laughing Out Loud" post down below the abs & Moderation posts, for a good laugh. There's always something new & nutty there!

Comment

Thanks

Call me techno challenged - I can't find the post you are referring to. Any direction? I could use a good laugh. I received my package today and tonight will make day 1 of no drinking for me.
                Thanks!

Comment

Thanks

Hi Well Seasoned, I'm still gettin used to running H2o Too!
                  OK, Go back to the "Our Community" @ the top of the original page when you first log on.
                  then scroll downthru the discussion areas. It'll be the blue & white page.
                  it has:
                  General Discuscussion
                  Just Starting Out?
                  New:Join Abs
                  keap scrolling down till you see Laughing out loud it's below "MY Story" (which is a good read too!) good luck!

Comment

Thanks

Saint Jude
                    Found it! Thank you SO MUCH - I got a great SOBER belly laugh out of those! Humor - the BEST medicine.
                    I'm on Day 2. So far so good. Listening to the CD's was a bit challengig this AM - my family has a hard time giving me the privacy I need. Tomorrow a "DO NOT DISTURB SIGN" on my door might be appropriate!
                    Thanks again for the "direction" to some laughs.

Comment

Thanks

Oh Goody, now you can give us some new material in the way of jokes!
                      Yeah, I'm basically "clueless" on this computer...just kinda learnin as I go. I really did live in a "Tree House" w/no runnin h2o for 18 yrs so this is a drastic change for me!
                      Now I'm married to "Mr Radio Shack", so I went from a remote little cabin, to a remote control house!
                      I can actually lite our fireplace from the couch by remote control(that's the only way to light the darn thing!...that I know of...) I do still have my cute little chainsaw though!

Comment

Thanks

I too want all of you out here to know how much I thank you. I would never have started this program without you. I read, and read, and read, till I was convinced that this was what I had been looking for. Support, Direction, Medicine, Council, and all this without a face. Faces are why I could never go to AA. I have always been a closet drinker. The only person who knew I had a problem was my husband, but now I have told all of you, and it feels good. I am now in day 3 of abs, and MYO thanks to all of you. I only hope I can be of as much help to someone else as you have been to me. Hugs, Eliziby

Comment

Thanks

Eliziby, Congratulations on 3 days! That's great! Those first few can be sooo hard. And welcome aboard, I've read some of your posts, glad you found us.
                          You sound like such a caring person, I hope I haven't offended you w/ some of my "offbeat humored" comments here & there... I tend to be a bit crude sometimes.
                          Take Care, Hugs, Judie

Comment

Thanks

Congrats Elizby on 3 days! I'm on day 3 also. YEAH! It feels good, but in a weird way.
                            Wellseasoned

Comment

Thanks

wellseasoned and Judie, Thanks to both of you, and congratulations to you too on 3 days. Wow it's hard. I have read your posts too and take what I can use from all I read. And no Judie, I don't get offended, becauses I too may say something that could be offensice sometime that I would want overlooked. Looking forward to our making it day 4. E.

Comment

Working...
                              X