newbie, a different kind of drinker...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is also another med that takes the fun out of drinking. It is naltraxone. Not sure if I am spelling this right. This might be something worth researching and asking your doc for while you are there for the topamax.

-Nina

Comment

Yes, it is in capsule form. Sorry, a little slang on my part :hat
      Oddly, the smell and taste kinda comes through the capsule, and it tastes sorta yeasty, at least the stuff I bought from this website does, I haven't tried anything other brand. Sort of like a beer smells. That, of course, is my opinion. After taking for a month now, the smell/taste kinda turns me off. I popped the top on a couple of Guiness the other day to boil some brautwurst in (yeah, I know, kinda pricey for brauts, but finding a decent dark beer that is cheap is almost impossible) and the smell was unpleasantly overpowering. I most certainly didn't want a swig. Now if I can just keep that attitude Good luck on finding your trigger, and your journey down this road. It is certainly worth it!

Comment

I am just looking at some of these medications (researching them) - example, Naltrexone, and they look kind of scary to me. I mean, it appears they are pretty heavy duty. Even Topamax (which appears to be primarily for treating migraine headaches) has a scary list of side effects. What are people's experiences? I see mention of: Topamax, Camprl, Kudzu and Naltrexone - what are people's experiences with these?
        Help! I am terrified to take some of these.
        Thanks

Comment

i'm worried about that too. from everything i read kudzo has no side effects. i plan to start with that one. has anyone found a 'best place' to get it from? is it all the same?
          sigh. feels like a lot of research still...

Comment

Apparently you can buy kudzu at this website but I purchased mine from Viable Herbal Solutions. Someone else mentioned this company in an earlier post. They were very quick to ship, prices were reasonable and they make each batch to order so you know you are not getting old stuff. www.viable- herbal.com is their link. I have not been as consistent with it as I should so cannot give a full assessment on how it is working yet.......Good luck!!!

Comment

well thank you. that was exactly what i needed to stop procrastinating... i just ordered a bottle. any info on how much to take daily to start?
              i'm really curious to see the effect. (affect?!) i will keep everyone posted!

wow, it feels so good just to be amung understanding company.
              thank god for the internet. and thank god i found this site!

Comment

If you go to the home page and click on important program updates you will see a link for the updated supplement sheet that she recommends. I am trying to follow that. Still have not read the book yet........

Comment

Working...
                X