Are these meds scary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are these meds scary?

I am just looking at some of these medications (researching them) - example, Naltrexone, and they look kind of scary to me. I mean, it appears they are pretty heavy duty. Even Topamax (which appears to be primarily for treating migraine headaches) has a scary list of side effects. What are people's experiences? I see mention of: Topamax, Camprl, Kudzu and Naltrexone - what are people's experiences with these?
    Help! I am terrified to take some of these.
    Thanks

Are these meds scary?

If you look at the side effects of Ibuprofin or Benadryl or any commonly taken over the counter medication you might be afraid to take them too. What is scarier to me are the health effects of long term over drinking.

Comment

Are these meds scary?

This isn't the first time I have tried to stop drinking. I particepated in a alcohol treatment research program at the state university in our city. I took Naltrexone as directed with no serious side effects. I am taking Topomax and Kudzu now, but know there are some things going on as my body and head adjust to not drinking, as well as adjusting to the treatment. It doesn't scare me since I have been there before. Like Maggie said, It's a lot more scary the effects that long term drinking was having on my body. Take courage and join us. They say it gets easier after a while. I am in my 2nd day. E.

Comment

Working...
      X