Detox???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Detox???

When someone says they have been to Detox ? what exactly does that mean? I am AF 7 days so far. I have been in a steam room at the health club pretty much every day this week sweating out what I believe is 10 years of AL. Do I still need to do something that would be considered a detox?

Thanks!
    MNL

Detox???

NewLife,

No, you are past any serious issues that could occur, which would be seizures, etc.

I think...

I believe seizures are a possibility day 1 - 5.

Good for you!! You are on your way!!

Love,
    Cindi
    XXVIII
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Detox???

Well Good Luck

Might try ramping up on all the B vitamins, especially Thiamin which is not absorbed when you take alcohol. My doctor put me on 3oomg 3 times a day for 3 months. Like vitamin C you cannot OD on it. Likewise C 1000 mg per day. Good multivitamin. Vitamin B complex and a B12 shot once a month should get you kick started.
      Eat 3 times a day balanced diet and drink plenty of water and no sugar added or natural juices.

Join the club
      Bashley

Comment

Detox???

MNL-- I think when someone refers to "Going to detox" they mean rehab (or dryout is what we always called it) The first thing they do there is "detox " your body under supervision.

The steam saunas and the above mentioned advice, plus drinking lots of water should help.
        The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Detox???

Cool. Just didn't know if I should be doing something that I'm not... So far so good. I'm ending day 7 AF. Was a pretty tough day for some reason. Cindi on another thread talked me out of the trees though and now I'm in better shape. Thanks all for the info!

Regards,
          MNL

Comment

Detox???

Detox consists of letting your body get clear of a particular substance(s). For AL that can take up to 10 days abstenance before every last molecule related to the substance is removed. It is also the point at which your body and mind should start to feel 'clear' again.

Comment

Working...
            X