Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just starting

Hello :new:
    I've been reading posts and feeling hopeful. I joined the end of march but this is my first post. I'm starting out with tht cd's and some of the supplements and yesterday was my first AF day in weeks. This morning I was feeling down and thinking I wasn't going to be able to do this but just reading some of the posts helped me. I feel like alcohol has robbed me of my initiative, spirit, and belief in myself. I've been binge drinking for a couple of years. It's hard to think that will never be able to drink again in moderation. But I know I want to do this for my physical and mental health.
    :lilheart: "Love is large, love defies limits. People talk about the sanctity of love...love is by definition sacred. Not some love between some people but all love between all people"
    ~Jennifer Beals~:huggy

Just starting

Welcome...this is a great place to start. One AF day will lead to another. Just be sure to take baby steps along the way and be good to yourself.
    When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
    -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

Just starting

Hi 1more and welcome!

Alcohol robs us of alot of things. Keep sharing here! Looking forward to it.
      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Just starting

welcome aboard. great job on day 1 and keep it up stay strong. peace and god bless
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Just starting

thank you so much for your respond. i feel great today, I'm going to the gym after work. thanks again, i look forward to posting and reading.
          :lilheart: "Love is large, love defies limits. People talk about the sanctity of love...love is by definition sacred. Not some love between some people but all love between all people"

Comment

Just starting

Hi One-

I am a newbie here also, now working on Day 3 AF, you are so right about these boards, when I am down, I having been comming here and it sure does reconfirm that I need to keep moving forward and that there are so many others just like us.....

Great that you have Day 1 and hope that you will keep posting on your progress!

Saje
            Saje

Comment

Just starting

Hi 1more

You are in the right place - make sure you get help when you need it. It took me a while and I thought I would never get it. Now I am buzzing 37 days AF.

Ooh, I was a binge drinker too. This means slightly different effects, experiences, cravings and possibly hurdles to get over but at the end of the day its all the same - AL beats us.

Comment

Just starting

Hello and welcome. One AF day is great, especially if you've been drinking everyday for a long time. I initially cut down from bottle of wine every night to one every other night. Then sometimes I would have two or three nights AF before eventually managing a long run AF. Those baby steps at the beginning are really important and any days you can manage giving your body and mind a break from drink - great. You will get lots of encouragement, support and inspiration here, we're all behind you!
                Nicole

Comment

Just starting

Onemorechance...sounds like you are approaching everything with a good mind and spirit. I look forward to hearing about your progress and will share mine as well. I am heading towards day three and feeling good at the moment.

Comment

Just starting

Thank you so much for the encouragement. You don't know how much it means to me. I'm working on day 3 today. The worse part for me is the psychological cravings, if there is such a thing because physically I could do without AL. I had a hard time sleeping the night before last, but last night was better. I'm so happy I found this website. I ordered some of the supplements so I'm looking forward to getting them. Again, thank you for all your input; it is so valuable to me. I get alot of support from my partner but no one else because I haven't shared my situation with anyone else so it is so great to be writing on this forum and reading your responses. Gracias

Comment

Just starting

I too have historically been a binge drinker and just now realized that moderation is not for me. This is a great place to come to for support, over time you'll find yourself giving just as much as you receive. Pay attention to what your binge triggers are and try to plan something else to do in those times if you can. When I am feeling on my game, which I'm not now, I find it helps alot. Good luck and take care!

-lorelei
                      Suddenly I see
                      This is what I want to be
                      suddenly I see
                      Why the hell it means so much to me.

-KT Tunstall

Comment

Just starting

1morechance;310466 wrote:
                        I've been reading posts and feeling hopeful.
                        It's hard to think that will never be able to drink again in moderation.
                        But I know I want to do this for my physical and mental health.
                        Fer Shore 1 Morechance,
                        I know myself, being a rather immoderate type, that I can never
                        drink that next drink, Just like I can't smoke the next cigarette.
                        You will find other things to fill the hole in your heart, and be whole
                        again yourself.

My motto is AF even if it kills me... now wait a minute,
                        ok thats my motto and I'm sticken with it. Sam

Comment

Just starting

thank you lorelei and sam. i've been doing some type of physical activity everyday this week after work. i did go out last night after the gym with a friend. had two drinks and didn't go home to binge drink alone! that's an accomplishment for me. thanks everyone for your support and words of advise.

Comment

Working...
                          X