2 mo af and not now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 mo af and not now

last time i was here i said no more drinking. The initial two mo sucked but it was doable. now i'm drinking some again and want to keep drinking. It's the evenings that are rough. My husband drinks and watching him makes me yearn for any alcohol.

2 mo af and not now

Wow. That's got to be tough. I am lucky my wife does not drink very often. I can imagine how hard it must be. I know it might be difficult, but you might want to change up your routine in the evening, like going for a quick walk around the block.

Comment

2 mo af and not now

I used to drink with my husband, but he understood that I needed to stop. He now is discreet with his wine - puts it in a coffee cup, goes to another room. Ask for the help and support of your husband.
      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

2 mo af and not now

good idea

i can do that and he probably would be more discreet. but it's always me. i want to drink but not get drunk . and so far that has been more unsuccessful than succesful

Comment

2 mo af and not now

jupiter;310648 wrote: last time i was here i said no more drinking. The initial two mo sucked but it was doable. now i'm drinking some again and want to keep drinking. It's the evenings that are rough. My husband drinks and watching him makes me yearn for any alcohol.
          Yeah, My old lady drinks too, but she can get away with it.
          Not me, I can't get away with it. I had to keep drinkin every day
          until I had a problem, drinking in the morning, at work, and at night.

Walking by her stash on the server, in the dinning room is tough,
          so I know how you feel , jupiter.

This is my first time admitting that it was time to get a handle
          on it, so I have no advise. Three days AF does not make a man
          a non drunk.

I am hoping you have the strength to dust yourself off and hang in there.

Sam

Comment

2 mo af and not now

jupiter,

What about your two months AF sucked? What about the doable parts, did thay bring you any contentment or peace?

If you want to keep drinking, as you know you will. If you want to quit you have got to understand why and articulate it simply to yourself.

It is hard to have a drinking partner when you are sorting this out, but if it is important to you it will be to him.

Take care,

July

Comment

2 mo af and not now

Hi-

I am in the same boat here!!! Dear Hubby does not go to excess like I do, but does drink each night. I have been talking to him much about this. He is not willing to give up the wine completly, but has been drinking Scotch (which I do not like).

I thought for the longest time I could not even try to be AF, but I have to do this for myself.....hey maybe once I am on my way and he see how much better my moods and motavation is he will drink less also.

He is out of town on business for 11 days, and that is another reason why I am starting right now. Maybe you can ask your hubby to go away....just kidding:H

Take care and keep in touch, if you come up with any good methods...please share!

Saje
              Saje

Comment

Working...
              X