sorry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry

sorry i drank until i blacked out last night. don't know why. I don't seem to have a trigger and i don't have a stop button

sorry

no need to apologize to us, you need to develop a plan to control or go AF for awhile. It takes a plan and it takes a healthy dose of self love. You are worth it! Today is a new day.
    :h Suz
    The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

sorry

Welcome Lynn,
      I also often used to drink without a stop botton. Those memory losses which lead up to blackouts are very scary. I have a great life, no particular reason to drink. I agree that going Alcohol Free for awhile (at least 30 days) is a good idea. From your short statement, I'm not sure if you are ready to quit starting today, or if you should first get the materials described on this site and in RJ's book. Kepp reading, keep posting, and you can find your path to a better life.
      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

sorry

love resting in peace.

lynn;310805 wrote: sorry i drank until i blacked out last night. don't know why. I don't seem to have a trigger and i don't have a stop button
        oh dear..its okay things happen to the most lovely. DO NOT REST TODAY...stay awake and re-set yourself to sleep tonite. its a terrible cycle! we never know why these events happen to us..we just need to make it all STOP. help is here. :h

Comment

sorry

a plan and a goal.....never stop believing. You CAN do it. Keep trying.
          :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

sorry

Yes, Lynn a plan and a goal is what you need. Even if your goal is just ODAT. That's what mine is because I just can't think into tomorrow or beyond. It truly helps and you should try it. Change the 'witching hour' routine too. That has really helped me alot and I try to go to sleep earliner. Any little thing, but just keep kicking AL out of your thoughts. Keep trying and never give up! Good luck to you. We are here to listen and help.
            Love and Peace:welcome:
            When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
            -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

sorry

hi there..lynn hope to see you in chat tonight .stay strong . have a great day
              :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
              best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

sorry

Hang in there lynn. Many of us have problems with the off switch and totally understand. You will not find judgement here and no need to judge yourself to harshly either.

Myra

Comment

sorry

Hi Lynn

Lots of us are in the same boat, stop button not working. I second everythings the others say, get the book, supplements, read and join in on the posts. Lots of us post on the daily ODAT (one day at a time thread). I find it helpful just to check in every day and enjoy reading about what the others are up to. Come join us.

Rustop

Comment

sorry

thanks

thank you all . ordering book today. getting supp. tomorow. appreciate the support. hope to feel better soon.

lynn

Comment

sorry

t mlynn,
                      I know how it is to just want to keep drinking. Last night i was drinking too. Maybe if you have a soda between your next drink and wait a little bit that horrible urge to keep drinking might pass some. I know i didn't want to stop drinking last night i had 3 beers and was salivating just thinking about the next one. I just kept thinking how horrible i'll feel the next day and just one more is never enough. So i had a soda instead.

Comment

Working...
                      X