Hixxx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hixxx

Well, ive reached day 11. My head is clear, my face is no longer swollen or red, no more shakes, guess Al is now out of my system. I truly dont know how im doing this but i am. Perhaps it was the last time i drank for three days and i thought i was going to have a heart attack my heart was beating so fast, my feet resembling pigs trotters through swelling, my hands shaking so much i couldnt hold a cup of tea (or drink) and the retching head down the loo gagging till i almost past out. Taking a shower, and had to sit in the bath with the shower water going over the top of me as i couldnt stand for fear of passing out, sobbing because i had lost control..... Just hope i can keep going, its soooooo hard, im fighting with my head that says go on go on have just one drink.....

Hixxx

:goodjob:Lucy!!! 11 days ...that's AWESOME!!!!
    Good for you!
    When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
    -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

Hixxx

Congratulations Lucy....11 days is awesome! Keep up your resistance to the urges of AL...you'll be proud of yourself!!!! Come here if times get rough....you are an inspiration to others!

Comment

Hixxx

Well done Lucy
        Hope I can say the same very soon. What a difference 11 days does! Keep going
        XXXSeto

Comment

Hixxx

Lucyxxx;310857 wrote: Well, ive reached day 11. My head is clear, my face is no longer swollen or red, no more shakes, guess Al is now out of my system. I truly dont know how im doing this but i am. Perhaps it was the last time i drank for three days and i thought i was going to have a heart attack my heart was beating so fast, my feet resembling pigs trotters through swelling, my hands shaking so much i couldnt hold a cup of tea (or drink) and the retching head down the loo gagging till i almost past out. Taking a shower, and had to sit in the bath with the shower water going over the top of me as i couldnt stand for fear of passing out, sobbing because i had lost control..... Just hope i can keep going, its soooooo hard, im fighting with my head that says go on go on have just one drink.....
          Lucy,

11 days IS great. By now you are feeling better and, yes, AL is sitting on your shoulder saying "See, one won't hurt. You don't really have a problem, you can handle me.." However, at 11 days you also have the mental ability to shrug him off and know that one is too many. Period.

Your last binge sounds much like mine and you are on your way.

Don't let AL trick you.

One thing I have found that really helps is that when I do kick AL's butt, I do not think of it is denial, I think of it as a triumph and with pride. Then I smile.

Good luck, Lucy, you are doing fantastic.

Love,
          Cindi
          XXX
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hixxx

Hixxx

thankyou for your support. xxxxx

Comment

Working...
            X