Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why does nothing work for me

Hi Bill,

Can I ask what other aspects of the program are you doing?

On the May abs event we are trying to focus on all of the aspects of the program and doing them 100%. For the most part, this is the best way to start. Jumping in head first and working every detail of the program. Then you tailor it when you are seeing success.

I understand you are not doing the topa. In addition to adding the topa, what other things can you add from the program to help?

-Nina

Comment

Really

I have justed used the supplements, and the desire not to drink anymore. I was doing really good and felt good. But i drank at a golf outing and ended up drinking all weekend. I even stayed out until 2 am playing cards. I felt very very bad today but am feeling better now.

Comment

I am hoping to put together a check list of all the aspects of the MWO out along with a 30-day check off list/journal for the abs event. I will be setting it up in Excel so anyone should be able to use it, whether they are going for abs or moderation.

You should check back to the abs forum in a week or so. It should be available if you are interested.

-Nina

Comment

Hi bill, I had just read your other post about travelling and hadn't read this one yet. Please don't give up yet. None of us who have stuck around on this thread just woke up one morning and were able to stop drinking. God knows I have had many stops and starts and several times I didn't know if I could restart and I am not foolish enough to think I am out of the woods yet.

It might help if your wife read through some of the posts on this site so that she can understand the lengthy process that people go through. If both of you are willing maybe she could do that while you are away. Bill, is there someone you can talk to about getting some medication either Topa or Campral to support the rest of the program as it does make a big difference and it helps with abstinence at the beginning. Abstinence is so hard but once you achieve it for a period of time then you can really see the world from a different place.

Whatever you do please stay on the board.

Good luck and enjoy your trip to Africa

Yvonne

Comment

Hi Bill, just wanted to say, don't give up because of a couple days drinking. You still have more "sober time" than "drinking time" in the recent few weeks?... In any case, you can't change the past, or even yesterday, all we get is today....

Just wanted to add my 2 cents worth, I've been to Re-hab. Twice. Still sending my payments every month. I'm not saying it didn't do me "any" GOOD... I did meet some great people there- both times. But I've also done that all over the planet, at a fraction of the cost(and had a lot more fun...!). Since being on this program,(about 4 mo.), the cost of a DR visit for my Topa P-script, & the cost of the book, & L glut , vitmins,... I feel I've made more progress than EVER! Since my hard core drinking began about 30 yrs ago!
            I've lost my license, many jobs, relationships, self respect, friends, just about every thing I care about... I came very close to loosing my Husband. I thank God every day for this program... you're in my prayers, Peace & Hugs, Judie

Comment

Thanks for all the good words.

Comment

Oh forgot to mention...Happy Trails to Africa! You must be excited about that! Take Care, Hugs, Judie

Comment

Working...
                X