• Show
Clear All

alcohol Marriage crisis

Hi,

I'm a first time user,

been attending AA and was in treatment for a few weeks
    I had 2 major slips since coming outta treatment,
    the last one could'nt have come at a worse time
    wife had a cancer scare and i folded under the pressure,only married 2 years and now this,

i'm ouuta the maritasl home until i sort myself out, but need to be there to support her throught this scare, she says she'll let me there if i stay sober, but as regards marriage well thats on hold for a while, shame and guilt killing me right now, fighting compulsions even at AA meetings going crazy in my head, is this my real rock bottom

alcohol Marriage crisis

My dear one... got to REBT... look up Albert Ellis... Smart.Org

Let's see... when I had cancer... and I was the drinkier... my husband was the infidel... I had stopped drinking but he chose to keep on cheating with his ex.

Honey, you can beat yourself up all you want... but wouldn't it be better to use up all that energy in a more positive situation.

One thing I know about life... we all come up for air. It's up to you to decide what your going to do with what you may think is you last breath.

My thoughts and prayers are with you... and remember... breathe
    because even with our last breath we decide........

Stop feeling guilty... and stop beating yourself up... easily said... not easy to do ...

I'm a Christian and even I don't like AA... so much for that...

My mom had a good scripture from the Bible about throwing the first stone... Well why are you throwing it at yourself... Forgive yourself... and lets go on...

You obviously care or you wouldn't have posted this.

this is just my opionion and does not represent MYO or anyone else... not even...

It's just a thought and a prayer...

Love
    JB
    Sunny Out Looks are Contagious!

Comment

Working...
    X