I blew it already

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I blew it already

Dammit. Woke up this morning full of promise but the kudzu has not arrived yet so I justified that I would drink until it shows up the day after tomorrow.......I am sure many of you can relate. I could not stand the cravings despite l-glut, thistle and Primrose oil, mainly because I had a crappy sleep last night and am so tired and needed a pick-me-up (I know, another alcoholic justification). I have decided I will try very hard when the kudzu arrives, order the book and read it and go from there. I am feeling rather optimistic, however, despite today's setback that I have found an answer to my problem. And I am ready for a change, so that's something isn't it??????

I blew it already

YES! That is something. I think you will find the temptation to "freely drink" is common before the MWO items arrive. Studies show people consume more food when they "plan" to go on a diet before that plan is implemented. Same mentality here.

You will also read here what a process this is...not about perfection from day one at all. Although many of us do seem to be perfectionists....part of the reason we drink. No one is perfect.

I signed up for a Sun through Thursday abstinence period and didn't even fulfill that. Embarassing but I just quietly didn't post my results. I decided I will sign up for that when I am more ready...probably after my Topa arrives and kicks in. Keep reading and posting here. It is a wonderful site.

Maggie

Comment

I blew it already

Thanks Maggie. It is nice to know there are so many others out there with this same issue. Having worked at home for 10+ years has left me very isolated thinking I am the only one with this issue. I was proud of myself last night, however, because I only had 4-5 glasses of wine over four hours which for me is big. I feel good this morning which is nice. My goal is to go four days a week without. After 20+ years of daily drinking I know I must give my liver a break. We can do it!!!!!

Comment

I blew it already

Hi, just wanted to let you know that "blew it" we have all done. I think one thing many of us on this site are guilty of is beating ourselves up. Hey, you have acknowledged there is a problem and are taking steps to do something about it, you are doing great, keep reminding yourself...but also don't reward yourself with a drink..that is something I have done!

Comment

I blew it already

doymojo,
          If you go 4 days/wk alco free please congrat yourself. It is personal goals that really matter.
          If you go more. Celebrate!! (not with alcohol obviously!!)
          Congrats for getting on the program.
          Admitting you have a prob. is a huge step.
          I wish you all the best
          GS

Comment

Working...
          X