Newbie arrival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie arrival

Just want to say I am so glad to have found this site! I've been using the hypnosis CDs and they seem to be working well--I'm on to day three. I decided not to go the medicine route and to get started anyway; I have a minor surgery next week and can't take anything anyway. I've been borderline for years now and I felt like I was slipping into further bad drinking habits and a need for alcohol every day. My family has a history of alcoholism and I just didn't want to end up totally depleted as a result of self-abuse. So here I am with great thanks to have found this site!:new:

Newbie arrival

Hi Nellie

Welcome. I think you will find a wealth of knowledge and support here. Look forward to hearing more from you.

Myra

Comment

Newbie arrival

Nellie,

:welcome: and really glad you are addressing this before it goes further. It is awful how bad it can get before we stop.

Good luck on your journey and ask any questions you have. Someone will be here to answer them.

Keep us posted on your surgery and how it goes, too.

Love,
      Cindi
      XXXI
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Newbie arrival

Thanks!

Thanks so much for yoru support, Cindi. I will absolutely feel comfortable to ask questions, as they come up. Have a gret one!

Comment

Newbie arrival

hi there..nellie. welcome.. very nice to meet to you .good luck god bless
          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Newbie arrival

Thanks so much!

Comment

Newbie arrival

Nellie,
              let me add my HI! and :welcome:! this is a wonderful site, full of good people and lots of assistance as you begin your journey.
              Please come back often, and post your thoughts, concerns, etc. You will find, if you read back on some of the threads, that there are many people like you who have come here and done very wll with the program.
              Read, post, chat & plan..plan a life without alcohol..A/F as we say. Read RJ's book, if you have not yet, and see how much of a difference all of this can make in your life.
              Looking forward to hearing more from you!
              BHOG
              War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

Newbie arrival

Hi Nellie,
                Welcome to MWO. There is a ton of help here. As you feel comfortable, you may want to share a little more about yourself and your alcohol problem. Others like you will come running toward you with big hugs.
                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Working...
                X