Who has read the book?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who has read the book?

I have been reading it and find it really enlightening.

I have been on this site on and off for over a year, without the book.

I think the book is essential and EVERYONE should read it. I have seen a lot of posts that contradict the book, so I was wondering just how many of us have read it.

Not to offend, I'm just curious:thanks::thanks::thanks:

Who has read the book?

ME. and I think most everyone I see post suggests reading it. It's the first suggestion I make to newbies. Now maybe you will too? :-).
    Have a GREAT day!
    AFH

Comment

Who has read the book?

I loved the book - read it - did the program and am now over 100 days AF! So YES the book is essential!

Liv
      AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

Who has read the book?

Been there seen it done it. You need to encompass the whole program or at least most of it. I read the book, listen to the CD's for 1 month straight, supps and post and read..post and read....never did the Topa or Campral.
        Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Who has read the book?

I read the book when I first joined in Nov 2005. I reread once in a while as well.
          Marcie

Comment

Who has read the book?

I "refresh" my program by going back to the CDs and supps when I need it
            Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Who has read the book?

PP, I should do that too. Except I've lost my cds. I mean the house has totally eaten them. And I agree the book is really helpful.

Comment

Who has read the book?

Read the book before I joined the Board over 2 years ago. Happy with moderation. Still use supplements, still exercise, still read and post. Life is good.

Comment

Who has read the book?

What book? I'm sorry -- if this is a dumb question -- I am so new to this....

Comment

Who has read the book?

TCCT,

I believe everyone is referring to the book made available here -- the My Way Out book. It's REALLY good.

You can either purchase a hard copy of it, or buy a downloaded copy. Either way, the purchase cost is quite reasonable...but the value is INVALUABLE.

I can't say enough good about it. Truly.

And no, I do NOT work for the company.

Just start with the book. Don't even buy the hypno CDs, or supplements, at first. JUST buy the book. And then, if you think the other tools might help...and you'll probably agree, some (not all) of them will...THEN pick and choose which to purchase.

But definitely, get the book. It's such a great place to start.

-HopefulNow
                    Taking it all in

Comment

Who has read the book?

I also found the book before the website, and always try to suggest newbies get it. I don't think you can work the program without it personally. The support and information here is great, but it's really just another tool.
                      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Who has read the book?

You probably need your husband to read the book too!
                        BH

Comment

Who has read the book?

Oh i have read it and read it again and again. I haven't stopped drinking yet and need to now....I have gotten the supplements and bought the Topamax I need to get going.
                          I am so impressed by what i hear here. I hope it can work for me too

Comment

Who has read the book?

Hi Marissa,
                            Maybe what seems contradictory is that there is a program, yet people are encouraged to find "Your Way Out". People seem to not be following the program, but they have found what they need to be successful (I hope). This forum is free and open to everyone, so there are also people here who have not read the book. I really appreciate that RJ has set it up this way, so that those with little money can still access they advice and conversations. The book and this program have certainly given me hope in my struggle against alcohol, enabling my success, and I am grateful.
                            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Working...
                            X