I did it again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did it again!

Got two days AF and lost 7lb in weight this week. Should be loads of incentive to carry on, but no. I always do it, I blow it just when things are starting to get good. Last night my daughter's friends arrived and wham, "shall we go to the pub", did I say no - NO, did I drink OJ, - NO, I drank rose wine - 4 small glasses, did I stop when I got home - NO, I carried on drinking red wine. I didnt really enjoy it, but I carried on, then I ate cake, biscuits etc. Woke up this morning with a dreadful hangover, and 1lb back on the scales. So dissapointed, upset, ashamed etc. Why wont I allow myself to be successful or happy, why do I always sabotage my efforts every time. Anyone got any help?

I did it again!

Another part of your journey

I have done what you have described many times. Why will this time be different? Because you can start again, ODAT. I have decided to look at this as a journey...it is a process and it may take some time to be successful....the only way you may not suceed is if you are not honest with yourself and you have been painfully honest.

So....read the book, take the supplements or whatever else you have decided and make this your day one. You can do it. WE ALL HAVE TO KEEP ON TRYING.

I noticed that when you were asked to go out your said yes. Maybe a strategy thought of ahead of time will help. That is what I am attempting. My strategy is that I am trying to lose weight and want to stay away from the alcohol. Now, I don't now if this will work but it is just an idea...Please don't beat yourself up and know that we care. My positive thoughts go out to you. RH:l::ll:l
    Redhibiscus

Comment

I did it again!

aduggan, Red,

Yes, a plan as to what you will do if someone asks you out, or if you find yourself in those situations is very important. I have been loosing weight for a number of years, so when I started to dry out this year, I used that as a reason for ordering cranberry juice and soda whenever we went out with friends or associates.
      It does take some adjusting of your own mind set. But ask yourself, would I rather be successful in my journey, or have a glass to "please" my friends..I decided pleasing myself was most important. My friends, and most likely, yours as well, did not care if I was drinking AL or not, just was I there and willing to be part of the "conversation" or 'action" as it were.
      Stay Strong!
      BHOG
      War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

I did it again!

I agree that a plan is essential. I run scenarios in my head and plan my reaction or my choices to handle those situations.
        Last night I got invited over a neighbor’s house where I knew I would be offered wine. I was feeling vulnerable AL-wise so I opted out at the last minute.

aduggan - get up, brush off your knees, and get back in the race. You are blessed to have a clean slate today!
        ~Laura

Insanity
        : doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results................... Albert Einstein

Comment

I did it again!

aduggan...although you may be down and your head may hurt a bit, Today is a Brand New Day! Look back at your accomplishments, view last night as a small mistake, and once again look towards the future!

Comment

I did it again!

A minor slip dont let it get to you. Shit happens and we are not perfect. 7lbs weight loss in one week thats amazing - you didnt give birth did you? Thats about the birth weight of one of my babies and about the only time I lost that much weight in one go.
            Sure you can gain or lose a pound or 2 no problem overnight without doing anything so dont even worry about that.
            Point is praise yourself for achieving what you did not beat yourself up about it.
            Keep posting it helps.
            BH

Comment

I did it again!

Addugan,

I agree with everyone's posts above.

No one can take those 2 days AF away from you either.

Everyday AF is a step in the right direction.

Get back up and keep on going!!

Good luck,
              Cindi
              XXXIII
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
              X