AF Team April - Day 17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Team April - Day 17

Woke up to a snow covered Boulder, CO - Winter Wonderland and all I want to do is ride my mountain bike. Oh well! Guess I will be a trail runner today. It is a pretty site!

Hope everyone is doing great with their AF April!!! Keep up the great work!

AF Team April - Day 17

Day 6 here. I didn't ride the bike to work last night ( no good battery ),
    but I rode this morning and found those southern chester county hills
    grew over the winter. Gotta go get a shower and quick nap

Healing to all, Sam

Comment

AF Team April - Day 17

Still doing the AF April here.

Woke to temps in the 60s and going into the 70s today.

Dogwoods are blooming all around the property. This is one of those lucky years where the redbuds and dogwoods overlapped.

Azeleas and rhododendrens are budding right now and I expect to see those flowers within two weeks.

Looking into a pumpkin patch for the grandkids. Have never raised pumpkins before and was lucky that those seeds can be planted late May or June, so we have time to get a bed ready and everything. I think I will grow a variety for carving and a variety for baking.

Something to keep the grandkids busy with for a couple weekends at least.

Miss Colorado, though. Loved living at the base of the Big Thompson Canyon and our drives up there to Estes Park. I have not run into an elk herd in the road since!!

Have a happy AF April 17th everyone!!

Love.
      Cindi
      XXXIII
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

AF Team April - Day 17

:goodjob::wave::cheering::cheering:keep on doing the great work.
        like my son sings awork out a work it out hope you know te song
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

AF Team April - Day 17

To all the April AFers - wow - as quit as the boards look - everyone must have had a day like mine - So fricking busy no time to even take a bathroom break - tomorrow looks the same so I'd better GEAR UP. Just now I am missing my evening alcohol break. In the past when I've felt this wrung out after an insane day - I would look so forward to dousing my brain in AL to chill ..... I'm trying to remember what I must have done as a Child in the evenings. I must think of something to replace the call of AL.

So I'm afing today. Just when I thought I'd be able to say I'm afing forever - today I need to say "I'm al free today" That I can do. Today. Don't want to think about tomorrow.

Love to all April Afers.
          AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

AF Team April - Day 17

Liv,

I, too, am having one of those "end of the day want AL" blues.

But, I am not going to give in to it. Grrr.

I am going to relax and go to bed tonight and know I did it sober and free.

Love,
            Cindi
            XXXIII
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

AF Team April - Day 17

oh Cindi - you make me so happy with thoughts of spring.

thank you!

Comment

AF Team April - Day 17

I also have been thinking more AL thoughts. I loved a glass of wine on the patio (or two or three...). The iced tea is also fine in this spectacular weather, but not as relaxing. I need to just sit down and get lost browsing my big basket of garden catalogs. But where will I plant it all...? My first box of mail order plants arrived today, including a forsythia with white flowers!
                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Working...
                X