Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i am drowning

i dont even know where to start
    i have agreat wife,my third,and 15 wonderful children.
    but i drink whenever i can and i know i should not.
    my wife gets pinged off with me and i understand that she should
    but i like a beer
    what do i do

i am drowning

Well, you've made a good start by coming here Wal, welcome.

Suggest reading a lot more posts for now, if you have the time. Join in a few. Get the feel of the place and you will 'meet' plenty of people who will help you along the way and have some good, practical advice as well as support. Maybe try a look at the book - a lot of people seem to start with that. Having said that I only read once and I haven't been back to it but my main support has come from this community and I use some of the supplements which help.

Maybe set your self some small, manageable goals to do with your beer consumption. A limit on weekdays? A no beer day? Do you have a 'trigger' for opening that first one? Can you do something else instead to change your drinking habits? Just a few ideas. There will be many more of them to come from people more experienced than me. In the meantime, hang out a bit here and you'll see where to start.

Bessie x

Comment

i am drowning

Hi Wal,

Don't despair and try not to panic. Take time to read some of the posts and advice on this site. Then work out what you really want, from there you can start finding out what is going to work for you.

We have all been there.

R

Comment

i am drowning

wal,
        15 kids?
        perhaps you need a vacation, hon.
        Your wife and you...no booze...and peace and quiet. Have a good heart to heart talk with her.
        I have 6 kids and could use this.
        Hang in there...and keep posting and reading.
        I just felt for you.

That being said, you have some huge responsibilities.
        Are you hiding from them in booze?
        Has destroying relationships with your drinking become a pattern?

Good luck wal, this is a great place to start.

love and hugs,
        K
        Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

i am drowning

WAl :welcome:

You are in the right place for some help

Read as many posts as you can and download RJ book

We are all there for you

Sweetpea xxxxx
          :flower: Keep strong and focused things do get better and you will find your happy :h

Comment

i am drowning

hie wall, welcome here, the step that you have already taken is massive by admitting that you have a problem. just know that you are not crazy or stupid, or insane you only have a problem which is drinking, do the next thing right, read alot here and you will get help.

Comment

i am drowning

Geeeeeeeeeeee WAL 15 kids talk about the Brady bunch, I think my drinking started when I had one.

I agree with Keeta. Anyway after 15 kids sorry I just find that amazing beating the Al issue maybe is essential. Not meaning to make light of youre situation but gee your bath time in the early days must have been like a drive through type thing amazing. I hope to hear more from you

all the best
              Captn

Comment

i am drowning

Wal...it appears that I have finally found a fellow beer drinker as it seems most people on this site drink wine. I think you can figure out what my login name means!

Anyway, I am going on day 5 AF and feeling great! It appears that you have 15 great reasons to go AF for a while because you are missing a lot more than what you know. I have an 8 year old and have just begun to understand how much I have missed over the last few years. Have you missed 15X of that?

Keep reading the posts, read the book, and get on the supplements. However, the most important decision you have to make is to put the beer down and trust me that is a hard one!

Comment

i am drowning

wal have you considered that you have had 3 wives and 15 children because of the beer. Keep drinking and you could make the ratio 4 : 20 !! what do you want ?
                  ?We are one another's angels?
                  Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

i am drowning

Keeta & Heavenly,,

Thank you very much for your advise to Wal. I'm sure he heard, coming here may help Wal a lot more. He has taken the right step.

Well done Wal!, I would advise you to re-examine your goal in life. Right now I think your behaviour and attitude may be hurting your loved ones. What a shame!!

Have you considered any treatment or serious regime for your drinking Wal?

Notthing works until it becomes a serious business for you, take a chance and try hard.

Prisca
                    Do you know who you are?

Comment

i am drowning

Welcome here. RJ's book is a great place to start as well as finding your way round the site, reading and posting lots. There is loads of support here for you if you want it. Good luck.
                      Nicole

Comment

Working...
                      X