ODAT - Sat....no FRIDAY!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disapproving cat! No cat could possibly disapprove of your 60 days! That is really fantastic. Truly it is. A real goal. If you have any doubts at all surely it is best to carry on AF?? Then you won't undo your hard work. Maybe only mod in a controlled environment as you suggest??

Myra - that's me too. Wine in the house calls to me all the time. Cannot be happy until it is gone. The irony is happy is the very last thing I am when I have drunk it all! Other alcohols can sit in the house all they like and they don't say a word but wine screams and shouts and makes demands. One of my earliest lessons for trying to be AF was to make sure it wasn't in the house alone with me. I used to buy 6 bottles at a time for a dinner party or event because there was an eztra 5% off if you bought 6. Now I buy only as little as I think I can get away with knowing that others will bring some and that if we look like we are running out then I am the one that will stop drinking, stay moderate and allow the others to finish the rest.

Seto - yes, as you will have found out already so many of us been there and done that. I have to drive to the store to get more and I have done that after a whole bottle of wine!!!!! Unforgivable but I still did it. Not proud of that but I am proud of the fact that I have come a long way since then.

Cowgal - Thanks. I so wish I was going on holiday! I am getting holiday homes ready for others to have holidays in them.......:upset: Still I get their money for it so there is some consolation! I haven't ridden my darling horse in nearly 6 weeks now! Can you beleive it? Just been sooooo disgustingly busy but next week is my goal to get back on him. I don't think he'll be an easy ride that first time out!! :H:H

Croft - I'll be over. We can pop L-Glut and drink Non Al wine and then you can show me the mountains you climb and bike up. I will just look at them from the car ok??!! Where I am hills are metres above sea level in single figures!!!

Happy for Once - I get my AF wine from a company called LoNo wines. The Lono Drinks Company - low and Non Alcoholic Wines and Aperitifs - Alcohol removed Not much use to you in the USA I know but maybe they know another organisation in the US. I just chose the grape types that I normally like. I can't say they are as nice but they are still perfectly drinkable and it gets that bottle/cork/glass thing ticked for me.

Off to take my L-Glut now. Then feed animals. Then sort the other holiday let. Then start on the washing from this holiday let. Then go to bed!! I'll be AF tonight. See you in the morning, bright and early for another ODAT thread!

bessie xxx

Comment

Afternoon ODATers,

Glad to see so many of you are doing so well...

Seto, this is tough but most of us have been there. Just keep plugging away.

Bessie, so happy to see you stringing together BFZs on your drink tracker.

Disapproving Cat, First, Congrats on your 60 Days. Really well done. Second, I completely understand. I have said that I will moderate and I keep changing the timeframe - after 50 days, 60 days. Then I decided on 90 days. I'm at 75 days today BUT I found it really difficult to pass by the liquor store today. Part of me says - AF long enough time to mod. The other part says that modding may not be possible so why put myself through it. Don't quite know which way to go either. Plan is to hang on to Day 90 and decide then. Think it would be easier really if I KNEW I couldn't mod. As far as your situation, if you are feeling uneasy about mods - probably best not to attempt.

All the best to you good folks,
      Beck
      Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

Beck -

I typed in a response and it vaporized - my fault no doubt.

I just wanted to say that I hear you. That the people who have decided to be AF longterm have stated that it becomes easier when it's not on the table, so to speak. So I'm following in your footsteps for now - no pressure! Great job to you on your 75 days - so far

So thanks for the encouragement to you and to bessie!

DC
        The untold want, by life and land ne?er granted,
        Now, Voyager, sail thou forth, to seek and find.

W Whitman

90+ days yay!

Comment

Working...
        X