AF Team April - Day 18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Team April - Day 18

We are going to be through April before we know it.

It is a wonderful day here in Boulder, CO. The sun is shining and will get out and at least go for a run if not a mountain bike ride.

Tonight my daughter's boyfriend is coming over to put little glow in the dark stars on the ceiling above her bed to spell out an invitation to the prom. Is that not the most romantic thing in the world. I remember romance,,,,,,barely....sigh.

Anyway.......have a great day everyone and good luck with your 18th day of AF April!!!!

Tomorrow I will be scrubbing sticky goo from my daughter's ceiling.

AF Team April - Day 18

Croft,

Maybe you could put a sheet of butcher's paper up there so you only have a couple of tape marks to worry about?

Hanging in there. On day 34 and truckin right along.

Have to fly to Columbus next week. My first stint traveling since detox. :-(

My next big hurdle. Glad I'm on the April AF team to keep me straight.

Blue skies, gardens calling and need to work

Have a great AF day!!

Love,
    Cindi
    XXXIV
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

AF Team April - Day 18

Croft - that is extremely romantic and so sweet. I would leave it up there for awhile...

We can't do messages on your ceiling, but here is a round of applause for making it to Day 18. (I keep hearing our Hypno guy in my head saying, 'half way out now...' as we are half way done with April.)

:applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud:

What is everyone's plans for AF or mod over the weekend? Can you please post? I think it helps us make it through when we write it down here...

I have a party to go to...it's an 80th birthday party, but still, this will be my first stint at socializing at an event in awhile. I love the birthday boy. He is my best friend's dad, and I have always been in awe of what a wonderful parent he was (is) ...my friend would always tell me the advice her father gave her when we were growing up, and...I don't think she ever fully appreciated how precious that was to me. An adult focusing on your problems and helping you through them. Creating boundaries for you. All that good stuff. It's not always a given in the house you grow up in, but we can find it elsewhere when we are lucky sometimes. I'm glad I won't be getting sloppy drunk and telling him how much I love him, I can now just give him a big hug and listen to him talk.

Still a little anxious about it but feeling much stronger after being in April AF.
      I will definitely be AF for the party. And this crowd will not question if I say 'no' to a drink. Now, if I say 'no' to ice cream or dessert, that will not be acceptable (italien family) : ).

Happy Friday to all of us. Keep going strong!

Comment

AF Team April - Day 18

Morning Everyone,

Glad to see everyone doing so well.

Croft, that's really sweet of the BF. My 13 year old daughter just got asked out on her first date - she told the boy no. Yipes. None of us is ready for that yet.

Cindi, I'm with you on the travel thing. Last time I was sober on a flight I was coming back from Germany in January. No way I was going to have my kids see me pay $5 for a little bottle of booze - but if it had been free!!.

Happy, Saturday taken up with soccer games. But Sunday, who knows??? I've become spontaneous again since I'm no longer hungover. Might have to see where the BMW takes me.

Beck
        Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

AF Team April - Day 18

Howdy All,

I have a birthday party to go to for my sons wife, there will be drinkers
          and brewers ( I used to brew beer and make wine ) there. I intend to stand
          firm even though my wife is the only one ( be sides you all ) who knows that
          I am trying to be AF. Guess I'll have some explaining to do. I think I will keep
          the gravity of the situation close to my chest, no need to worry everyone
          about an addict facing his last ( and longest standing ) addiction.

with health and healing, Sam

Comment

AF Team April - Day 18

get you motor running get out on the high way .
            lookin for avenger and what ever come my way
            born to be wild
            have an awesome day everyone
            :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
            best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

AF Team April - Day 18

I just recently survived a drinking birthday party where no one knew that I was not drinking. I ended up making a game out of dumping drinks out. What a night. I made it though!

Comment

AF Team April - Day 18

great job crofty keep it up . so proud of you. go girl go
                :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

AF Team April - Day 18

I'm still here and amazed by myself and all of you that this is day 18 already. I'm finally sleeping and feeling so much better and happier. Still need to deal with the situation that brought me this far, but I know that AF is the only way to deal with that. Good luck to all of us and it will be May before we know it.

Comment

AF Team April - Day 18

Hixxxx

well done all of you, your all so helping me abstain, i thankyou from the bottom of my heart. Happy weekend. xx

Comment

Working...
                    X