New, but been here a while

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been reading on this site for a few months...feel sort of like I'm behind a one way mirror...waving at you but you don't know me! I was reading the posts from my computer at work, but afraid to log on because "all computer activity is monitored". Can you believe I bought a new computer for home just so I could contact you????

I've got the book, the supplements, the CDs (tried the Topa but it really made me exausted). I ordered Antabuse from River Pharmacy...it should arrive in a few days. Excited, scared, need support!!!
    Anything I can Believe, I can Achieve!

Fantastic. I lurked for ages before I plucked up the courage to post. Welcome. Lots of support and help here and if you have any questions just ask. Sounds like you got the whole shooting gallery organised so you should be off to a good start. Keep posting and let us know how you are going.
    BH

Comment

Hi believer and welcome aboard.....

The others will be along shortly to welcome you... this is a great forum to gain and give support to others going through this...

I'll catch up with you chat some time soon..

Cheers

Wattle
      Failure is not the falling down... it's the staying down

Comment

Hi Believer!!

I am on Antibuse. For me, it is wonderful!! Feel free to PM me if you want to talk about it. Also, I am on chat now, if you happen to see this...

Glad you "came through" the mirror!!

Beth
        formerly known as bak310

Comment

Thanks! It already feels odd to have people I don't know, reply to my first post! Hoping to go AF for 30 days on May1.

Comment

Welcome to the community! I found this site on Sunday and it helped me make the decision to go AF on Monday. Heading toward the end of day 5 and feeling pretty good. As you know, there is a lot of support on this site and everyone is very open to any type of discussion to help people along. Make sure you take advantage of that!

Comment

:welcome:

Believer, glad you're posting. Sounds like you have a plan, that's important!
              The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Welcome and Its is good you have a goal.
                Post on!

Sam

Comment

Well done you, your first post and setting goals! You sound really upbeat and I wish you every success in the world. I tried topa too - certainly it worked but I felt so awful I couldn't function (I know, how is that different from drinking wine every night?!) But I'm a great believer in trying all the different aspects of this regime and tailoring it to something that works for you as an individual. So I definately think you are going a long the right lines trying a few different things. Hopefully you will continue to post and let us know how you got on.
                  Nicole

Comment

Well done believer
                    Like you I have been lurking here a while and just started posting this week.
                    Have found it a real uplift to pop here whenever I have a low moment.
                    Seem to be lots of wise & wonderful people around too.
                    Best wishes
                    Newbeginning (Day4)

Comment

Hi Believer. Lots of wisdom and support here so post away. i see these boards as an integral part of the program. Isn't it comforting to know you don't have to do this on your own!

Comment

Hi believer,

It is good to know I am not the only one. Like you I have been reading for a while at work and bought a computer and had broadband put in at home last weekend so that I could ask the community for help.

I have seen my doctor who is very helpful and have a bottle of antabuse sitting beside my bed waiting for me to have reduced my drinking sufficiently to avoid withdrawal.

The trouble is having used up all my courage seeing the doctor I am now too afraid to go any further. I had a counselling session with hypnotherapy last week which seemed to help but the cd she gave me won't play on any of the machines in the house.

Sorry must get out of selfpiying mode.

You have inspired me. If you are going AF from 1 May then so am I.
                        Learn from yesterday, live for today and hope for tomorrow - Einstein
                        AF 8 June 2012

Comment

Believe and Loppy Lugs,

:welcome:

Wow, buying a computer and getting set up at home so you can join MWO.

Shows real commitment and courage!!

I am very glad you joined us.

Take the plunge and you will see you can do this.

No, it is not easy, and sometimes is it very hard.

You might have slips and falls along the way but don't give up on giving up.

You can do this.

Loppy, I take Antabuse, too. It has changed my life because it has liberated me from even thinking about taking a drink. I hope you have as good a success with it as I have. Several of us on here are taking it.

Both of you, please never hesitate to ask questions or jump on when things are shaky for you. This site is seldom totally quiet. Just a few times during the day.

Again, Welcome!!

Love,
                          Cindi
                          XXXVI
                          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Thanks!

Hi Everyone.

Thanks for the Welcome! :thanks: I'm already starting to feel "at home". Tomorrow, I have to buy a mouse...can't navigate with the touch pad!

Loppy...I'm so glad there will be someone to join me!

Cindy...I ordered Antabuse because of You! I "silently" sent prayers for your daughter. I don't have the willpower that Aceofbase has, and I have no idea how Betty Boop cut down so much. I'm in awe!

I'm not able to post much, but believe me, I will be reading! I suppose that my company also monitors what I'm reading, but I'm just afraid to post from work.

I started really reading around the time that LoveUAll was having real problems. I think about her a lot and hope she's OK!

Thanks again everyone! Will try again tomorrow night. If anyone has any ideas, I am trying to prepare myself for going AF. Any ideas appreciated!

W______

Comment

Hi believer and welcome.You have motivated me!! I joined the site 2 weeks ago and like you finally found the courage to go to my family doctor within a week of finding this site. I know what you mean about that decision alone taking an awful lot of energy and courage. With my docotrs help I also devised a plan to gradully cut back (same as in your case to try to reduce withdrawal symptoms) and then when I go Al free in a few weeks he will put me on diazapam for the first week or so to help manage withdrawal symptoms.I should get the suppliments and cd within the next few days. Let's compare notes. Maybe we can both quit on May 1st. That would be cool! PS i'm excited and scared too. I have found this site and the people on it very helpful and encouraging. As you and I are at the same stage and are at the beginning stages,I don't have any advice to give..but want you to know that you are not alone. Feel free to PM me with your progress. I think that is very important for both of us during this begining phase. LOL TraceyO.

Comment

Working...
                              X