New, but been here a while

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi loppy lugs, and welcome. I just sent believe a post ...feel silly that I got some of your info confused And I haven't had a drink yet. Anyway the post was meant for both of you. Maybe the 3 of us can set a quit date together for May1. TraceyO

Comment

Let's Get Together

Hi Loppy and TraceyO

OK. I'm ready! Really glad it's more than just me. I'm a bit computer challenged, but will try to figure out how to PM both of you! I really believe we are all special people, maybe more sensitive than most of the population...but when we figure out how to handle our demons, we will be able to help so many others!!!! Talk to you soon!
      Anything I can Believe, I can Achieve!

Comment

Hi again,

Believer and Tracey0 sounds like we are in similar boats and can encourage each other.

Curious about alot of things and perhaps Cindi can help here, how many units do I need to cut down to, in order to avoid withdrawal. I want to start Antabuse as soon as I stop drinking but know that a drink is the best way of curing the DTs

I knew I had a lot of issues but as a soppy drunk they were not as pressing as some of my more agressive friends. Then in February I had a lot of things I needed to think clearly about so thought I would stop drinking to clear my mind.

Well I was ok on day one because I think I was still drunk. Day 2 was dreadful with the sweats, panic attacks, trembling and despair. Because of some charity work I have done in the past I knew what was happening to me and although it terrified me I put some alcohol in the system straight away. I was at work so it was cough syrup which I had on my desk because I get coughs.

And then my saga of attempting to access services, what a joke... In the UK if you can walk and talk at the same time they don't want to know (my doctor excluded this has been an education for her as well). Worse still probably due to rotten luck (I am being kind here) they share your info with people who really shouldn't know. One of my collegues ( a subordinate) now knows, which is challenging.

Sorry folks self pitying moment all over.

Questions?
        How many units a day do you need to get down to in order to avoid the DTs
        How long after my last drink do I need to leave it before taking the antabuse?
        Does everyone feel as hopeful for the future as I do at the moment?
        Would I feel this confident without half bottle of cab sav under my belt?
        As an IT challenged individual how do I send personal messages?
        Learn from yesterday, live for today and hope for tomorrow - Einstein
        AF 8 June 2012

Comment

Greetings ALL!

Welcome to the best site the web has to offer for support, help and encouragement!

You can do this if you want to. it is hard at first but it does get much easier as time goes past. Every hour and every day you are AF or arre meeting your plan for reduciton, you are winning the battle!

Read lots, post your comments, feeelings, experiences..get in the chat room if you are so minded. lots of good people hang out there and can give you encouragement when the triggers start to pull you back to alcohol.

I hope to read lots more about each of your continued successes!

Stay Strong!

BHOG
          War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

Believer, Loppy and TraceyO - my starting date for 30 days AF is 1st May too! Would love to share the journey with you.

I've read the book, ordered the CDs and supplements, and have been reading on this forum pretty much every day for the past few weeks. Trying without meds at first, as I often have weird reactions to drugs.

I was planning to cut down before 1 May, but I seem to be drinking more. I think it's because I'm feeling anxious about not having something to numb my feelings of anxiety!

Good luck with however you're leading up to D-day.

Wooflet

Comment

Working...
            X