Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waiting to Start...

Hi all
    Am loving reading this wornderfully supportive site. I have got the book and ordered everything else from MWO. In the meantime, I'm wondering what I can do to try and control things before everything arrives. Would getting L Glutamine help? I find I'm thinking, "well as I'll be stopping when supps, etc arrive, I might as well keep drinking, the last few times"!!! I seem to be getting worse because of this "logic"!!Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Emy

Waiting to Start...

Hi Emy,

Welcome to MWO!! Yes, L-glut does help with cravings. I know what you mean about waiting to start so why not just keep drinking until you do start. Well, I did that same thing, and all I can say is that it is a decision I really regret, my last hurrah was anything but happy!! So, my advice would be to try as best as you can to keep it in check!! Hope this helps!

On a positive note, I started the program three weeks ago today and am doing great! It really has been the best thing I have ever done for myself and for my family! Keep in mind that you need to work the program, and that we are all here for you!! This site is full of amazing support!!

Keep us posted as to how you are doing!!

Donna

Comment

Waiting to Start...

Please let me add my agreement with acton. Don't use this as an excuse to binge before you start. Get yourself in the mind set that you will control your drinking.

I would get L-Glut and Kudzu and start them right away.

I'm only 9 days clean and sober but I feel great and the cravings are less each day.

Today ---- None !!

The supps and the nutrition powder are just great !!

Stay with us

Dug

Comment

Waiting to Start...

Hey Dug,

That is just great! Good for you!!!

Donna

Comment

Waiting to Start...

Woo Hoo!!!

Tried to get the L Glut and almost gave up as I couldn't find it exactly (can't find Kudzu in Oz; waiting on that too). I even got dressed to go out and took money from the bank to go for drinks, then I stopped on the way into town and found the L-Glut (tablet form, but I wasn't passing up on this!) ! I'm sure a series of coincidences, but, I didn't drink last night!!! I was so certain that I was going to and was getting very antsy but I just didn't do it. (We all know it's not that easy, but I'm not even going to try and work out how/why, just grateful that I didn't succumb!)
          Thanks all.
          Feeling very fresh and pleased this beautiful autum day in Australia.
          Emy

Comment

Waiting to Start...

Way ti hang tough Emy!! You go girl!!

Donna

Comment

Waiting to Start...

Hi Emy,

I seem to be getting followed by a "series of coincidences" that are helping me along my way these days!

I'll maybe go into all of them some time but suffice to say for now I'm sure there are forces out there helping me when I need it and they are making situations happen that are to spooky to be coincidences.

Maybe we should start a new thread on "Coincidence... or Not?"

Good on yer for not buying those drinkies! I was out yesterday to, battling with myself (yes, even after the weekend I had!) about whether to go and get more wine. I was going to do it. I drove to the shops, got some groceries, put them in the car and DROVE OFF! I had forgotten to go to the bottle shop! I contemplated a doing a U-ey but just drove straight home. Very pleased with myself! Was in bed by 9pm and woke up this morning to a string of phone calls, all more or less answering problems I had, helping and offering invites for coffee. With me feeling so low lately, and lonely ...... coincedence..... or not?

Comment

Waiting to Start...

Thanks Donna!
                What power words of encouragement/support is from people who know/have been there, compared to all the counsellors, etc, etc, I've been to!
                Emy

Comment

Waiting to Start...

Annie it sounds to me like "someones smiling" upon you... I'd just smile back and go with it! Good for you, for being strong. Doesn't quite sound like a coincidence to me! Hugs, Judie

Comment

Waiting to Start...

Re: And Another Night Passes...

Without a drink!!! One L-Glut (which I feel may just have been more psychological reassurance). Compared to my mind-set (and alcohol comsumption) the last while, it's nothing short of amazing! But still taking each day/hour at a time, as I know how easily things can be thrown off balance!
                    This is so better than any alcohol-induced pseudo high!
                    Thanks all
                    Emy

Comment

Waiting to Start...

Re: And Another Night Passes...

Emy,

You can actually feel your excitement coming through cyber space!! That is just great!! Keep it up!! I know what you mean about it being better than any high from alcohol!! Have a great day!!

Donna

Comment

Waiting to Start...

Re: And Another One Bites the Dust...

Thanks Donna for your encouragement and, yip, I managed another night without drinking; a few little cravings in the afternoon, but didn't succumb.
                        My partner (drinker too) and I have been sort of separating and I have spent the last 3 nights at an apartment which has made a huge difference. Today I've been invited to meet him and an old (drinking) friend and I'll be back at home tonight. Having only my partner as support, it's rather difficult. I know if I go and meet them at lunchtime, I'll probably be OK at first then think, "what the hell" but I won't stop after the pub, I'll have to have a stock to take home too! I'm kind of thinking how great I feel and how after this short time, my skins a bit fresher, etc, etc ...but then "someone's" telling me I haven't even started the prog yet...
                        Still, it's early in the morning yet and I'm sure some other "co-incidence" will come along and put me on the right path!
                        Thanks all
                        Emyx

Comment

Waiting to Start...

Ya know Emy, it kinda of sounds like you have started the program, without even starting it...perhaps that is your "co-incidence", and you put yourself on the the right path with out even knowing it!! Go figure!! LOL You are already doing so well!! Keep it up!

By the way, when do you start, officially that is?

Have a great day, and good luck at lunch!

Donna

Comment

Waiting to Start...

Hi Donna
                            Thanks for your encouragement! I ordered everything online at the weekend and the Topa the other day and just waiting on them arriving in Oz.

I'm in the midst of moving house too and things are a "leetle beet" frustrating this morning (am I looking for an excuse to go and drink?!!) It'd would be so very, very easy and I just feel the power of the last few days being overwhelmed right now!! Only an hour till a possible lunch by the river on a beautiful sunny autumn day (twasn't me who said that!!)

Am going to take my dogs to the beach now, see if I can drown that little inner devil!
                            Hope to report favourably later
                            Emyx

Comment

Waiting to Start...

Hi Emy,

Have a great day there in Oz!! Hope all goes well with the move and that your packages arive soon! Stay strong! Hopefully it won't be long now! I live near a lake, and just got back from a wonderful walk with my friend and our dogs....just nothing like the sun coming up over the water to start your day!!

Donna

Comment

Working...
                              X