not so good sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not so good sunday

i've been sliding back into my vodka and i really swam in it last night, from what i can hardly remember. so today we were sopossed to see friends and my husband is angry at me, and it's gloomy and cloudy outside and i feel gloomy and cloudy inside. I was doing so well AF for 2 months and now i feel rather despondant and its a horrible familiar feeling.

not so good sunday

Jupiter I know EXACTLY how you feel .............

The guilt, the anxiety ........... etc ...........

Unfortunately you cant change what you did last night, try keeping busy today, dust yourself off and start again.

You've already done two months AF, so you know that you can beat this ......

Be strong love,

BB xx
    sigpicXXX

Comment

not so good sunday

When did you begin sliding back into the vodka? Was it just last night or did it begin a few days ago and gradually lead to last nights bender?

If you have already done two months AF you can certainly do it again. Just make the decision today to draw a line in the sand and begin again.

Don't waste today feeling bad about last night! Your head may hurt a bit but get active and get your mind working on something productive!

Comment

not so good sunday

2 months AF under your belt - well done.
        Don't let a slip become a slide.
        You are stronger than you think.
        Think positive and look forward.
        Best wishes
        N (Day5)

Comment

not so good sunday

yes jupiter, remember you hold the key to the door you want to go through, as i always tell myself, relapse does not just come like that, there must be triggers, search what lead to your drinking, but doing it you can overcome that slip,
          stay positive take another bold step and talk about it, and you can do it go four months and slip again if you have to BUT go for four months first, ok relapse are neccesary by the way.

Comment

not so good sunday

People who never have slips / relapses must be very rare indeed. 2 months AF is absolutely fantastic. We've all had that horrible depressed / anxious feeling after a nights drinking - if you can get through today without drinking you will certainly feel a little better tomorrow. If you get time today / tomorrow read some posts, perhaps of members who you find particularly insightful or inspirational. Sometimes that can be just enough to get you back on the right track. We're all behind you anyway. Take care.
            N

Comment

not so good sunday

Jupiter,

I know this is difficult. You physically feel horrible and you mentally feel horrible. Yes, most of us, if not all, have been there done that.

Pamper your body today and nurture your soul.

Summon the strength you need to get back on the horse. Do not let guilt overrule you and make you decide to give up. What is done is done. Today is ALL that matters.

Love,
              Cindi
              XXXVI
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

not so good sunday

mmmm how many times have we all been here,but we still do this to ourselves.i slipped on friday after a bad day at work and im feeling slightly better than yesterday,but i know it will get better,just try and be strong.
                the shark

Comment

not so good sunday

well brush yourself off and get back up and ride the bull of life. you did it ones you can do it again. stay strong .peace and god bless PS dont look back at the pass.just look forward and keep on going
                  :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                  best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

not so good sunday

Thanks, for all the support.
                    I should start keeping a journal and sort through some of the triggers. except in the past i haven't kept it up and then i feel like a huge lame o.

Comment

Working...
                    X