Made it to Day 14!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made it to Day 14!!!!

Tonight ends day 14 AF. It's been a somewhat tough road but here I am. Lessons learned so far:

1) Campral is awesome! I know some on the board have not been successful with it but it totally killed the physical cravings.
    2) Occupy my mind - So, I am loosing weight anyway with no AL so why not help it along. Joined a health club and work out 5 nights a week. Make myself so tired that when I get home I just want to pass out. in 14 days I've managed to take off 7 pounds and 1.5 inches on my waist.
    3) Make a new project called 'ME' - take care of ME. Take an active role in changing myself. Get a positive attitude. Start taking vitamins and supps.
    4) Use the drink tracker on this site. Every morning I post a big ol' zero to the previous day.
    5) Read, read, read this board. There are so many inspirational people here. Posting is great but even if you don't post read the boards. I make it a point to read here every night before I go to bed.

Those are the lessons so far. I've found that while the Campral does kill the physical cravings, the mental ones are still pretty though hence 2-5 help with it.

Take care all!
    MNL
    14Daf

Made it to Day 14!!!!

WOW

That is awesome!!!

So glad to hear how well you are doing!!

Keep it up!!

Beth
    formerly known as bak310

Comment

Made it to Day 14!!!!

MyNewLife,

Great post and Awesome on the 14 days.

I am so glad the Campral is helping you. So many do well with it.

Keep it up and before you know it, you will be many days AF.

Love,
      Cindi
      XXXVI
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Made it to Day 14!!!!

Hi MyNewLife,
        Congratulations that is something to be PROUD about. I have learned in my journey so far that is not just about putting down the bottle its about lifestyle change...i.e. filling in your previous drinking time with more productive and healthy activities. You sound like you have a great plan. It only gets better from here!
        I am the author of my life.

Comment

Made it to Day 14!!!!

MNL
          Great job on 14 days and thanks for sharing how you've done it.
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Made it to Day 14!!!!

That is awesome MyNewLife! You are great inspiration for me. I'm on day 8 AF and have lost about 3 lbs so far. Keep up the good work. Love your post!!

Love and Peace
            When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
            -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

Made it to Day 14!!!!

Good for you!

MNL,

:goodjob: Wow! What an inspiration! I'm on day 15 now, too! I think you're the first person I've found that's on the same day as me. How cool! I love your positive attitude! I've been losing weight, too, but have yet to get some exercise in the routine... Reading your post gave me that extra little kick to promise myself to get that going this week. It'll help me feel good! As far as the Campral goes, how do you like it? I'm scheduling an appt. with my Dr. and was going to ask to try the Topomax, first (but I'm a little nervous about the side effects). How did you decide on Campral?
              Happy Monday!:h
              Nobody trips over mountains. It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble. Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain.

Comment

Made it to Day 14!!!!

keep going!

Oh Campral, ate a few bottles of them buggers! MyNewLife...you sound great! On the right path dear, keep going, you will see what IS more to come in your new life. Trust me, it is so worth the Time! :lilflower:

Comment

Made it to Day 14!!!!

wow congrats on your 14 days Af. so proud of you..
                  keep up the great work!! Proud of you

Karl

an alcoholic is someone you don't like, that drinks as much as you do

Comment

Made it to Day 14!!!!

Thanks all! I don't think I could have gotten this far without this message board. I've been keeping this issue a secret for a long time. My spouse did not even realize the point to which this had gone. So, while I always have the support of my family, friends, and co-workers - I never shared this particular problem with them. It has been refreshing seeing that some of the feelings, cravings, mood swings, etc. that I have is not uncommon and that so many here have dealt with and managed them.

Ok, Gathings - we should form a club since we are both at the same point in this journey! :-) You had asked about the Topo and Campral. My GP was not wild at all for Topo. She felt that the side affects outweighed the benefits when there are other options. Campral is the perfect ticket for me. I read several places that you have to be AL free for a few days before starting. Not true. The night before starting this I had a big night out. The following morning I started Campral. At that point I have had absolutely NO physical cravings and the mental cravings have been controllable. The packaging is perfect at well. You will get 180 tables (30 day supply) divided out into 3 - 10 day unit dose cards. On the cards, days 1 thru 10 are labeled as well as morning, noon, and evening doses. Lastly, I was surprised to see that it is covered by Rx Insurance. So, to sum it up, I could not be happier with this solution!

I still have a long way to go. My short term goal is to be AL Free until July. I have a week in Cancun then and then when I return to be AL Free until my next trip. That is the plan anyway.

Thanks again for all the support!
                    MNL

Comment

Made it to Day 14!!!!

Great Job on 14 days!!!!

You are past the hard physical withdrawl....now it's all in your head. Be aware of any Beastly thoughts you may have now about going back to drinking....stay strong and committed to remain AF.

I'll bet you feel so much better than you did 2 weeks ago.....and it only gets better.....I promise.

Don

Comment

Made it to Day 14!!!!

Hey there MyNewLife!
                        I am on day one and day 14 seems so far away! But I am hitchin a ride on your postings to get through the tough times. Good luck to you and wish me luck tooooo!!

Julie
                        Jools
                        "The lazy man always works the hardest"
                        "Pride always comes before a fall"
                        :l

Comment

Made it to Day 14!!!!

Hey guys where do i find the drink tracker - you go MyNewLife! I'm on day one and day 14 seems years away but I will find a way to it.

Julie
                          Jools
                          "The lazy man always works the hardest"
                          "Pride always comes before a fall"
                          :l

Comment

Made it to Day 14!!!!

jools1961;314336 wrote: Hey guys where do i find the drink tracker - you go MyNewLife! I'm on day one and day 14 seems years away but I will find a way to it.

Julie
                            It's here:
                            Welcome to My Way Out

maybe I should use it too.

Sam

Comment

Made it to Day 14!!!!

GOOD FOR YOU!!!!
                              1. Whatever form of pill works best!
                              2. No AL, No Cals! Workout, Burn Cals! Less Cals, Make Bum Go Down!
                              3. ME4ME - Idea for License Plate!
                              4. Croft likes the Drink Tracker 2 - See you there!
                              5. Being addicted to this site is better than the addiction that brings us here.
                              GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X