X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Monday

Croft's Rules for Sobering up on MWO

Stop Beating Yourselves Up:
    1. Yes, hangover days do count toward AF days. In fact they count double. Even if you wake up still drunk - still counts.

2. Deciding to drink fake achohol is not a crutch that deserves punishment. It is a healthy choice and deserves to be viewed that way.

3. It is ok to order your stuff over the internet. You don't have to have the guts to go to the vitamin cottage or drugstore and by it yourstuff. Shame is a feeling that goes along with this whole thing. If I was proud of this issue I would be at the bar right now. Just don't forget to thank your postman.

4. Choking down herbal supplements the size of hot dogs is a nobel thing to do if you need them. It is not a crutch. It is an aid to recovery and a very smart choice. p.s. don't take your medicine with champage.

5. Requiring medication that you are too chicken shit to go to the doctor to get, requiring long delivery days as you wait for your medication to arrive from a far away land. A land so far away that it requires several border crossings and likely delivery in the dark of nite is not a bad thing. It is an aid to recovery done in the privacy of your home. Very smart! Counts double!

6. Talking to perfect strangers all day long, telling them things you cannot even tell your own relatives and friends who love and adore you and make time for you each day is a perfectly rationale thing to do. It is a healthy way for you to recover in the privacy of your own world.

7. Setting new goals and then breaking them over and over again is a sign of tenacity and strength. It takes a lot of guts to keep getting up after falling down. The point here, is that you keep getting up. And you can take as much time as you want practicing this.

8. The road to recovery does not have a set duration. Some can go 2 days in a row right now and some can go 6 days. Some can go 30 days in a row. Some are doing so well that they really should give out some AF days to add to the weaker souled AF charts.

9. Drinking less is better than drinking more. Even if AF is not happening, you still get to count drinking less than you were before. It counts. Maybe not double, but it counts. Progress is progress!!!!!

10. Being addicted to this website is a better addiction than the one we are all dealing with.

11. You do not have to count your AF days sequentially. If you get to 29 and then drink the next day, the following day that you are AF is 30, NOT ONE.

12. (Added by july232007) AF days are like small weights. Alcohol days are too. (Now, think scales of justice) Our goal is to keep adding as many small weights as we need to keep our lives in balance. Some of us need a lot of consecutive AF weights, some don't. I, for one, am going to add up all those AF days from my childhood and throw them on the heap at once.

Comment

ODAT - Monday

Hi everyone
      Just a quickie here as I need to start cooking dinner. Had another AF night so thats 4/5 days AF so far, not bad for me. I usually don't get past day 2 so I'm definately getting there. Have just bought the L Glutamine from Holland and Barratt as I haven't got time to buy the ones online as I'm going abroad as of Thursday for a couple of months, so needed to start taking them now. One question I have: It says you have to take 2000 mg a day on this board but the ones I have bought are 500 mg, it says only take one a day, but to take the required dose suggested on this board means I would have to take 4 tablets daily??? Can anyone help with this? Should I just take the recommended dose of 1 500 mg tablet?
      Brilliant to hear everyone is being soooooooo positive. Keep it up everyone, its infectious....:l XXXSeto

Comment

ODAT - Monday

Monday

Well, thanks Croft!! Everyone hang in there.......................:goodjob:

ODAT, remember that! I am on day 10 today, not stressing too bad, for a Monday, just really really busy lately at work..........

Love you guys and hope to catch up soon and hang around here a little more often!

MA:l:h
        :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

ODAT - Monday

Seto - I take 1000 per day. I think it depends on what works for you. But yes, if you wanted to take 2000, then you would have to take 4 pills. Line up baby!!!!

Comment

ODAT - Monday

Seto, Glad you're getting along ok!! Have fun on your abroad trip.

Croft, you crack me up:H I love it!!

Has anyone seen anything out of Mathen??

On my way ~ 23days!!
            Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

ODAT - Monday

Hello fellow ODATers

Sorry for tail-end post. Been a bit hectic! But AF and just feeling comfortably tired. Spring flu is trying to knock me down but tomorrow is my birthday. Feeling a little nervous, but I have 9 AF days under my belt since I decided to do something proactive, so why shouldn't I reward myself with an AF day 2mrw? Thanks Croft. Your list was just what I needed to hear. nj xx

Comment

ODAT - Monday

nojoke - Happy EARLY Birthday!!!!!!

Comment

ODAT - Monday

I think Mathen went on a roadtrip to a funeral. Said he would be out about a week. But maybe it has been more than a week now.

Comment

ODAT - Monday

Croft...I absolutely loved you post! Inserting a little reality into our obsession to be perfectly AF is a good thing!

Comment

Working...
                    X