Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not new but returning

Hi all,

I posted on here last year, under a differnet name but couldnt remember name so re-registered!!!

I am 40, a mum to two wonderful boys aged 4 and 6 - married to a fantastic husband who is in denial about my drinking!!

I drink 2 bottles of wine every night (unless I have to drive the next day which isnt very often!!) - I am functinonal - my boys always get to school on time, theiir pack up is always made, dinner is always served and I work part time efficiently!!

however, I know i shouldnt be drinking - everyone around me knows I shouldnt be drinking!!

I have the book, which I have read and found inspirational BUT being in England have found it hard to find real advice as to supplements - so any advice gratefully received!

Last night I found out a friend of mine is dying from lung cancer (aged 39) my mum, nan, 2 aunts and a cousin (both sides of family) died from cancer and it has made me think - hence my post here tonight!!

I am on self destruct - I know that BUT am scared about what will happen to my boys should this happen to me!

Sorry, dont mean to rant, needed to get it out!!

should also mention that i have had alcohol counselling, bereavement counselling and notihing has led me to no drinking!

What I need is advice to stop drinking = advice as to supplements in the uk, the product and dose + Would you go to AA/ I did once but was really uncomfortable!!

Comment

I think with your being here will help a lot. Welcome back by the way.

Having support is so imperative to recovery. AA wasn't for me either. This seems to be the case for most here.

I completely understand what you mean about worrying about your own mortality. Especially having such young children. I, too, worry about this constantly.

I have committed myself to complete sobriety. For the fear of death as well as the quality of life I can give my daughter. My daughter will be 3 next month.

I am unsure of the supplements in the UK, but I am pretty certain they would have your standard type of supplements. Omega 3's are very good for you as well as the B-Complex vitamins. Magnesium and Vitamin C are also great for recovery. Kudzu and L-glutamine, I can get them here at any vitamin/health food store.... so you may want to check one out in your neck of the woods. You can also buy the starter pack on this site, and other supplements.

Stick around, read lots, post lots, and get the support you need. There are tons of members here from the UK, and they will be able to offer you more than what I can about where you can get what you need.

Comment

Working...
      X