Day 15 AF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 15 AF

I can't believe I've got here. This is the most AF time I've had in 7yrs. :whee: and I feel goooooood.

This time last year I was drinking 2 to 3 bottles of wine a day and smoking at least 7 joints of weed a day, sleeping 4hrs a night tops, :racer:, yep, racing around completely off my rocker. What I didn't realise at the time was that I was on a manic high that lasted 7mths. It started during my friends murder trial. How I never got sectioned or my kids taken off me I'll never know. My doctor said it was PTSD, but then I was later diagnosed with bipolar, which doctors now think I've had all my adolecent and adult life. In July I crashed into a horrendous depression, Stopped smoking weed and tried to stop drinking, had pretty bad withdrawals and had to have a weeks worth of diazepam.

I've been trying to get here for so long.

In October last year I got to day 13 and got wasted on day 14. I found those 13 days really hard, it was like hanging on a cliff face by my finger nails.

In March I started a new medication on top of the anti d's, within a week I felt much better and had the confidence to refer myself for alcohol counselling.

That was 6wks ago. My mental health has improved so much in that 6wks I'm amazed. It's given me the strength to really be honest with myself and stop kidding myself, I realised that I wasn't even giving myself a chance, I was sabotaging any bit of progress I was making. I'd got to the point where I'd rather be dead than carry on drinking and suicide isn't an option when you've got kids.

I'm not craving now, still got that thinking drinking thing going but I feel mentally strong enough to deal with it.

Because the depression lifted I've had the energy and motivation to keep myself busy. And I have got tons of long over due jobs done.
    I know it's early days and I have a long road ahead of me, but it feels like the beginning of the rest of my life, corny I know, but so true.

For anyone who is struggling out there, never, ever give up on yourself, keep going forward, even if your stumbling and falling, keep trying, and if you truly want it you'll get, give your self a chance, you deserve it.

My goal now is 30days and if/when I get 60days that will be a first in 25 years, cept for my pregnancies. Weird isn't it how us women can hold off while pregnant.

So, just let me blow my own trumpet one more time.
    15 days AF a first in 7years.
    :waving::cheering:
    want
    :h
    AF since April 8th 2008 :kudos::rays:

Snake....... come crawling,
    There's fire in your eyes,
    Bite me, excite me,
    I'll learn to realize.

The poison transmuted,
    Brings eternal flame.
    Open me to heaven,
    To heal me again.

Day 15 AF

Bloody brilliant, awesome, fantastic etc.
    What a great achievement. You wont feel it to 30 days now. It'll be a breeze.
    BH

Comment

Day 15 AF

great post so positive .strong .you go girl doing a awesome job. 15 days keep on going we can do this . peace and godbless
      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Day 15 AF

wantrealmeaning;315041 wrote:
        Because the depression lifted ...
        how lucky you are to have recognized that you were feeling better and that it was time to take on your bad habit!

keep up the good work! :goodjob:
        The untold want, by life and land ne?er granted,
        Now, Voyager, sail thou forth, to seek and find.

W Whitman

90+ days yay!

Comment

Day 15 AF

Congratulations! I am on day 10 AF and feel much better. I can't wait to reach 15 and beyond. I will follow in your wake!

Comment

Day 15 AF

Congratulations!
            It does get easier from here on out! Wonderful Progress! It is truely amazing what sobriety can bring to the mind, isn't it?
            Stay Strong! You are on the right path!
            BHOG
            War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

Day 15 AF

Thankyou all so much for your replies and support, I'm still feeling good but tired, been gardening all day.

Caseaday, well done on 10days, keep going.

Still strong and still going. Just bloody shattered from 7 1/2 hrs gardening lanter:

love to you all
              want
              :h

Bite me, excite me,
              I'll learn to realize.

The poison transmuted,
              Brings eternal flame.
              Open me to heaven,
              To heal me again.

Comment

Day 15 AF

Congrats on 15. May you have many more!!!!

Comment

Day 15 AF

Want, I am so proud of you!! I really look forward to your daily posts on monthly abs.....you have come such a long way in those 15 days; your positive attitude and your strength and determination to do this are inspiring to all those newbies just logging on for the first time today.

Well done, I look forward to celebrating your 30 days with you....its not that long and I've got a strong feeling you're going to do it!!

Your friend,

Janicexxx
                  AF since 9 May 2012
                  Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Day 15 AF

HiYA WRM,

Well done 15days AF is great and you sound so great and positive.

Its not corny...its good to know your life is a new beginning without the beast.

yep you keep on blowing the trumpet you deserve it.

Keep up the good work against AL

Love
                    Teardrop.x
                    family is everything to me

Comment

Day 15 AF

that is awesome!!! 15 days! I'm with casaday at day 10 and I feel great! No fuzzy head anymore. Keep up the good work, you are so worth it!!

Love and Peace
                      When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
                      -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

Day 15 AF

Keep up the great work! It only gets better...hugs, buckle

Comment

Day 15 AF

Thankyou so much, I'm still feeling positive and good, something has definately clicked in my mind. :jumpin: :thankyou:

Bite me, excite me,
                          I'll learn to realize.

The poison transmuted,
                          Brings eternal flame.
                          Open me to heaven,
                          To heal me again.

Comment

Day 15 AF

Hey Greenhouse...glad to hear that your head is clear! Mine is too! On to day 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 we go...

Comment

Day 15 AF

:goodjob: on your now, 16 days! It truly does get better and better. WOW drinking and 4 joints a day.... If I had even a toke and a few drinks, it would be lights out for me!

You have overcome sooooo much and you should be so proud of yourself! Keep on going! You are doing great!

Comment

Working...
                              X