First time posting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time posting

I am a seventy year old woman who lives by herself on an island of 10,000 people. I have lived here for over two years. I am two people. I drink and do nothing....then am hung over and attempt to live a decent life. I am going to a poetry class; this afternoon am volunteering at our gallery......at night I drink at least a bottle of wine. I have drank almost always since 17 years of age. I have four children, the oldest drinks a lot and often, the next one has a maijuanna habit the next one drinks too much and the youngest moderate drinker and am estranged for the past four years from her and her family.

I am a closet drinker but do drink occasionally moderately with friends.

I have estranged many friends with my drinking.

I planned on refraining from drinking as will be seeing my brother and wanted to make a good impression.......I did not keep that plan. I hate myself! Because of my drinking. I have uncontrolled HBP and other health related to the alcohol problems

First time posting

Welcome Mb, glad you made it here. MWO has helped a lot of people sort out their drinking and support them where they are. I am not as experienced as some here, but I have learned a good bit since joining in Feb. The advice is fabulous and the forums/chat can be very fun. So, welcome and look forward to seeing you around!
    flyin'

Comment

First time posting

:welcome: MB

Glad you found us! Drinking with high blood pressure can be dangerous as you know. If you want to stop drinking, can you see your GP and get him/her to help you off of alcohol safely?

In the interim, read the posts here and post often. This is a good bunch of people who are supportive and understanding.

Comment

First time posting

thanks for posting and sharing your story..i know it can be hard...read as much as you can and stick around...welcome welcome! this is a great place!buckle

Comment

First time posting

Hi MB...glad that you came upon this site and had the courage to post. You will get a lot of advice and support from the people here. Take advantage of that. You have so much to look forward to once you decide to take the plunge into AF.

Read, learn and post. It really helps!

Comment

First time posting

Welcome! You'll get lots of comfort and advice here. Good luck on your journey and let us know how you get on.
            Nicole

Comment

First time posting

:welcome:MB

:goodjob: in posting.
              Keep reading and let us hear from you. We care.
              :lNancy
              "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

First time posting

MB
                Welcome! I'm glad you found us, and are ready to start learning how to beat the Beast. Given the HBP tha you spoke about, I would stongly suggest you speak to your doctor about how best to reduce or stop your alcohol intake without serious consequences.
                Hope to hear more from you..a lot more!
                BHOG
                War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

Working...
                X