ODAT - Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Friday

Good morning! The sun is shining and I am working my way down my first pot of tea of the day (now that really IS an addiction - given the choice of tea or wine I would actually give up wine over tea!!! And as I am trying to give up wine it is just as well I can still have my brew every day! Favourite of the affordable brands is Twinings Everday. :cupajoe: Good, strong, tasty cuppa. Have to make it in a pot - can't bear the scum that goes with a bag in the mug. :yuk: Anyway, I digress!!

Had an absolute bugger of an evening with the cravings. Felt pretty shabby from the night before and thought I would find having a following AF night easy then but not last night. Cravings were hell, loaded up two L-Glut and they didn't work ( why?) Then discovered a half bottle of white AF wine and that was my saviour. Posted on another thread about it so won't repeat it here. I was glad that it helped my over the hump but UK blonde made a very interesting and valid point about not letting the AF drink reinforce my behaviour with the alcoholic version. And I did exactly that. Spent far too long on the PC, ate crap food late, left the place in a mess and feel tired this morning (but not hungover).

So, whilst I am going to order some more AF wine to help me through I am going to be more careful in how I use that particular tool and look at finding another drink for the evenings and drinking it differently. Pints of water with something tasty in it maybe. Something that doesn't come out of a bottle with a cork and doesn't taste like wine but still has something tart, not sweet. Grapefruit will be my first trial as it went down well at the pub the other night.

Think the cravings were, in part, kicked off by the stress of being surrounded by so many jobs to do. That won't change for a loooong time but my attitude towards them has to. I will take it steady today, make a list of the jobs that MUST be done (God knows there are enough of them!!) but work through them steadily and leave any others for another day.

Got a village foodie evening in the village hall tonight. I will take my remaining half bottle of AF to drink (everyone takes their own stuff) and I will drink it like I drink Al in a social situation - moderately. The theme for tonight is Fish or Fowl but I've elected to make a pudding instead - rhubarb crumble with rhubarb from the garden. Yummy. :chef:

Anyway, sorry to have rambled on a bit this morning. Why I can't just say morning, welcome and have a good day, I don't know!!

Love to you all.

Stay strong.

Bessie xxx

:biatch: What does this actually mean?? Is it in American??

ODAT - Friday

Bessie - You are such a joy to read. I already posted on your Whew! post, but once again - great work avoiding AL. This aint no disco!

It is 2:00 a.m. in the morning here and I am wondering why I am awake. Would be lovely to brag about things accomplished. But, well nothing there. Instead I will wake early complaining about needing a cup of tea to wake me up. A nice Earl Grey, perhaps.

To all that post today, Have a wonderful Friday and a great weekend!!!!

All ODATers - Whatever your goals for that AL beasty I hope you find the strentgh to get her done!!!!

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Good morning everyone

Well done Bessie on fighting those cravings last night. I dont think that you will replicate what you do with the real Al. I find that after one or two AF beers or wine thats enough. There is no craving for more unlike with the real stuff. It's a useful tool so use it.

Have a busy day ahead so have a great week-end everyone.

Rustop

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Good morning all and all to come.

Little doggie doing better from surgery. Slept in her own bed last night (thank goodness - 4 in the bed is too much). Frisky this AM. Such a smiley little thing. Has paint skid marks on her head bucket that I know are from the door jambs. She can't get her head in the toilet bowl. Good, I hate competition. Just kidding :H
        Hubby left doggie food containers open last night and kitty loves doggie food. I was wondering why he wasn't in the bed. Gorged and passed out in garage. Oinker.

Off to the hole. Have a great day and hope you do not have the urge to say fuck fuckity fuck or that your penis does not invert!
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Happy ODAT Friday Bessie, Croft, RU and Greenie, and all to come,

I am looking forward to packing my bag, going to work and flying home today. I am looking forward to the weekend.

Speaking of splurging, I actually ordered room service coffee!! Total waste of money but all week I have been waiting until I got into work to get coffee. This morning I decided wth and ordered some for room service.

I am sitting here reading MWO getting ready for the day with a good cup of hot joe.

Simple pleasures add up.

Love to all and I hope your day is filled with good things and you all meet your goals, whatever they may be!!

Love,
          Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Bessie,

BTW, biatch is a euphemism for b*tch. I guess it is an American??

Love,
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

ODAT - Friday

hi all odat'rs hope u all doing fine, bessie good job on last night.

hope everyone has good weekend.

day 56 AF

take care everyone.

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Hi Bessie, am with you on the Twinnings everyday tea. Going without my morning cup would be sheer misery! Sorry you had such a tough night - well done for gettng through it. There are loads and loads of posts on here for replacement nice drinks. I suppose there might be danger of AF wines and beers feeding into wanting the real thing but there are quite a few people on here who use them. And if it gets you out of a scrape, why not?
                Nicole

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Barebones,

I just saw your post and wanted to say, "hi."

How are you feeling these days? Things getting better?

You are such an amazing person staying AF and dealing with everything else.

I am extremely proud of you. :h

Love,
                  Cindi
                  AF April 9, 2016

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Friday!!!

Hi all, hope you all meet your goals, no matter what they are............................

I am AF still, will definitely be tonight as it is my AA socializing night, out to eat after the meeting for some fun and fellowship, I love my Fridays now, when I drank, I used to dread them, never knew how they were going to go, you know!!!

love :hand hugs :lto all,

MA
                    :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Good Morning All

Was able to remain AF on my short business trip. But boy, what urges, went to a really nice place for dinner, you cannot have a great meal without a glass of wine?.so, driving there I kept saying out loud??Go away AL, you are no good?- I was not with anyone else, but if someone saw me driving they would have definitely think I was not right. :nutso:

Of course wine was offered and I said no thank you. ?Could I please have a cup of hot water for my tea bag?. Table next to me made light of me bringing my own tea bags?.but that?s ok, cause I was able to enjoy my dinner AF.

This is my second Friday trying to be AF, Fridays sure seem to be hard so far for me. So I will more than likely be on the forum tonight and take extra supplements. It will be a ?one minute at a time? for me?

Take care all and have a great day!!!!

Saje
                      Saje

Comment

ODAT - Friday

cowgal - great work on the AF!!!!!

Comment

ODAT - Friday

cindi - I love room service!!!

Comment

ODAT - Friday

hey guys,

Checking in late today, i'ts been a busy morning at work - was AF again last night. Tonight a couple of friends from baseball and by BF and I are going out for beer and wings so I will have a couple of beers but after that it's home to the BF's for a cup of tea and vegging on the couch. The nice thing is we do that - we can go out, have a couple of beers and then veg at his place after - good reason for staying with him! He is not a huge drinker, very much a social/moderate drinker which helps me as well. But I am proud of where I am this year - 2008 has shown a huge difference in my drinking consumption. Although I have not hit 30 days consecutively, I am over 50 days since the beginning of the year so I am quite proud of that!

Hope everyone has a great weekend - I probably won't be on so see you all Monday!

Love and hugs,
                            Uni
                            Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                            :h

Comment

ODAT - Friday

AF wine?

Hello everyone,

I've never tried AF wine. Is there any particular brand out there that is good? I wonder if I would just look in the grocery store for that, not the liquor store. Must check it out, as that may be just the ticket. I like to have a glass of wine with my two ciggies at night, with the intention that that is all I will have, but it never works that way - of course. So AF wine may work for m!!!

Peanut

Comment

Working...
                              X