AF Team April - Day 25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Team April - Day 25

My arse is feeling much better! Yeah, well what does this have to do with being AF in April? Let me explain....

The mountain biking season has finally arrived and I have been trying to break my arse in. This process would not be so hard, if I had not clung to my old mountain bike shorts. These shorts are so broke down in that padded layer designed to protect the arse from the riggers of trail pounding. I have been wearing them for the last 7 years. Last year I promised to buy a new pair before this season started. I did not hold true to that promise. My first ride of the season found me 5 miles in on a loop trail with one sore arse. Of course I could not stand up in the seat because my thighs were also feeling the pain of the first 5 miles of the season. To allviate the pain in my arse I choose the only option available, I complained alot. "My arse hurts!" "Owie!" "My arse hurst so much"! This of course did nothing to ease the pain and really only annoyed my fellow riders.

Today was my forth ride of the season and my arse is already much more conditioned. I am still riding in my old moutain biking shorts. The padding no better than before and probably even worse. But my arse is better conditioned and has gotten used to the trails.

As I head down the "fun part" of my ride today I rise from seat, shift my weight back, lower my stance and prepare for the descent: my mind wanders to this month of April on MWO. Yes this month is very much like me getting in shape for the mountain biking season. April started out tough. I complained. I was uncomfortable. I did not like it. My old habits were there pulling me into old ways of behaving. I needed new ways of behaving and I needed to get into better shape to deal with the new ways of thinking I had in mind. Now that the month is coming to a close, I am in better shape. I can handle things better. I am in much better control. I know how to handle the terrain.
    I fly down the hill in control. Once down at the bottom of this hill I will reward this ride and this month with a trip to the mountain biking store. A gift of some new mountain biking shorts to celebrate the lessons I have learned in April! It is about time on both accounts.

To day 25 everyone!!!

AF Team April - Day 25

Croft,

What a wonderful post. I love the visuals you presented of the freedom of flying down the hill and the analogy of breaking in the arse as being the same as breaking the drinking patterns.

Here it is, April 25, and I am still AF for April. Another big smile day for me!!

The weather where I am is gorgeous and the weather at home is gorgeous. It is great to be into Spring and not traveling with heavy coats and a suitcase packed with warm clothes.

Tonight I get to go home and see my hubby and my beautiful granddaughter who is staying with us while mommy is in rehab. Tomorrow I can see my son, dil, and two grandsons.

I get to do all this and be clear headed, happy and filled with life because I am AF.

My girl gets out May 3rd and starts IOP classes for her drinking. I hear strength and resolve in her voice when she calls. She sounds like my little girl again.

I have to give Thanks to God, Thanks to MWO and thanks to all my friends here who have helped. Life is looking up for me and I have happiness in my heart.

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

AF Team April - Day 25

hi croft and cindi, good on ur AF days. im still at it. its day 56 for me.

since giving up the drink, everything seems to be changing and in a good way. so im pretty happy.

take care u both and everyone who comes.

Comment

AF Team April - Day 25

What a wonderful post Croft! You buy yourself the bestest most padded shorts you can find. You and your arse deserve it.!!

These three posts - Croft, Cindi and Barebones - are a shining example of the successes of this board and the strength needed to beat the beast. A real inspiration all of you. Thank you.

Bessie xx

Comment

AF Team April - Day 25

yeah you got to protect you arse lol..and the count down is here
          go team go
          it has been
          fun month and looking
          farward to the
          next
          peace and god bless
          you all today
          and the
          rest of the month
          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

AF Team April - Day 25

Hiya...

Its Ripple! Hang on i brought some string...gotta hold on..One Day At A Time..keep your @ss safe so you don't slip off the egde, wot a site. This puppet here has protection..hehe wood butt and all..uchy:

Comment

AF Team April - Day 25

Hey Y'all,

Don't have time to post a real post now, will post real post later.
              I have to get the bike ready this afternoon. two days 200 plus
              miles on loaded bikes. That is what I am doing now, making sure
              all the gear is loaded as I am the chief mechanical person.
              15 days with out a drop, but I have been challenged some

post again from the salt mines [ work ], good health
              and healing to all, Sam

Comment

AF Team April - Day 25

Howdy, Y'all from the salt mines.
                Croft, I remember those tiny hinie sadles. I got a recumbent rode bike
                [ single for me, tandem for the wife and I ] ten years ago, But then
                I don't do off road either. I wish I had the back for it though. You
                will be whipped into shape befor you know.

Cindy, I know what you mean about finaly being free and not missing
                being drunk, because you are enjoying yourself so much. I have been
                telling everyone "I don't drink any more", with great enjoyment.

Barebones, see thats what I' talking about... everything changing.
                Bravo ! I am right there too, but I got some catching up to do.

Bessie, I know you can do it, you have got some new tools now.
                Dog gone it won't be long now.

tlrgs, You are the best. What a AF supporter. God bless.

Ripple, you gor some tools too, to make it as far as you have.
                What say almost a year now. I like your sober wand.

See you all after the weekend.

Health, healing and peace to yo all, Sam

Comment

AF Team April - Day 25

Good to hear everyone is doing well - April is almost done, I can't believe it. Good job to everyone, especially Croft for posting every day - thank you.

The end of April has been hardest for me. AL is at bay but my insides feel totally vulnerable right now without the sweet numbing of my wine. Seems to come out more and more each day. But I am committed to dealing with it finally. And growing.

Cheers to all the learning and dealing with pain and growth we have gone through - 5 more days until the May flowers ! Not sure what kind of celebration I will do yet, but I am very proud of all of us. :h

Comment

AF Team April - Day 25

Love it!

I normally can't get on here at home, but had to read Croft's post!! Love it!!! You are the best, and everyone else, good job!! April has surely been one rewarding month for me too...............

you all sound so positive, just had to add a short post to say that!!:l:h

lots of love,:h:h

MA
                    :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Working...
                    X