Extra Diet Support for craving help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone else thought of adding Metagenics Ultraclear or Ultraclear Plus to the program to help clear out the system more quickly to get rid of the toxin and get rid of the cravings? I have some UltraClear left and took some today because I'm FINALLY on day 3 with nothing after 10 days with topa and supps and 3 days with cds but it's still been rough, so I thought the ultra clear could help. Went back to the metagenics sight and found the info for ultra clear plus which I haven't tried but thought I'd post it here in case any one is interested...

UltraClear PLUS?
    Metabolic Detoxification for Imbalanced Detoxifiers

UltraClear PLUS, provided as a powdered beverage mix, is a medical food for impaired or compromised detoxification capacity, which may be associated with health conditions such as:

? Alcohol/chemical dependency
    ? Atopic disorders
    ? Chemical sensitivity
    ? Chronic fatigue syndrome ? Fibromyalgia
    ? Food allergy
    ? Generalized arthralgias
    ? Migraine headaches

Provides the same great macro- and micronutrient base formula and benefits as UltraClear, but with added support for those who are "imbalanced detoxifiers"?people with low Phase II activities.
    Imbalanced detoxification may be due to genetic predisposition, a history of chronic nutrient insufficiency, and/or toxin overload, which can result in a buildup of reactive oxygen intermediates and a subsequent increase in symptoms and/or tissue damage.
    Features added glycine, taurine, sodium sulfate, and catechins from decaffeinated green tea to better support Phase II activities.
    Safe for long term use in individuals with chronic exposure to toxins.
    Available in delicious Original and Natural Berry flavors.
    Comes with a Quick-Start Guide or a more comprehensive Patient Guide for complete program guidelines.

Serving Size: 2 Scoops (44 g)

NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING:
    Calories 160
    Protein 15 g
    Carbohydrate 19 g
    Simple 9 g
    Complex 8 g
    Dietary Fiber 2 g
    Fat 3 g
    Cholesterol* 0 mg
    Vitamin A (as retinyl palmitate) 1,000 IU
    Vitamin A (as mixed carotenoids) 4,000 IU
    Vitamin D 80 IU
    Vitamin C (as sodium ascorbate) 300 mg
    Vitamin E (as d-alpha tocopheryl acetate) 42 IU
    Thiamin (as thiamin hydrochloride) 2 mg
    Riboflavin 2 mg
    Niacin (as niacinamide) 7 mg
    Pantothenic Acid (as D-calcium pantothenate) 36 mg
    Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine hydrochloride) 3.4 mg
    Vitamin B12 (as cyanocobalamin) 3.6 mcg
    Folate (as folic acid) 80 mcg
    Biotin 135 mcg
    Sodium 70 mg
    Potassium (as potassium phosphate, iodide) 420 mg
    Calcium (as calcium citrate, phosphate) 200 mg
    Phosphorus 200 mg
    Iodine (as potassium iodide) 53 mcg
    Magnesium (as magnesium citrate) 200 mg
    Zinc (as zinc citrate) 10 mg
    Copper (as copper gluconate) 1 mg
    Manganese (as manganese gluconate) 1.3 mg
    Chromium (as chromium chloride) 50 mcg
    Selenium (as selenomethionine) 40 mcg
    N-Acetylcysteine 20 mg
    L-Glutathione 10 mg
    L-Cysteine 5 mg
    Glycine 1.6 g
    Taurine 100 mg
    L-Lysine 35 mg
    L-Threonine 35 mg
    Sodium Sulfate 30 mg
    Catechins (from decaffeinated green tea extract) 15 mg
    Other Ingredients: Rice protein concentrate, rice syrup solids, olive oil, medium-chain trigycerides, and natural flavors.

Recommendations: Blend, shake, or briskly stir two level scoops into eight ounces of chilled water or juice.

Form: 32.6 oz. (924 g) Powder Container (Original) (21 servings)
    32.6 oz. (924 g) Powder Container (Natural Berry) (21 servings)
    32.6 oz. (924 g) Powder Container (Natural Pineapple Banana) (21 servings)

* Information on cholesterol content is provided for individuals who, on the advice of a physician, are modifying their dietary intake of cholesterol.

the carb/fat/protein looks good. It may be worth trying the UltraClear Plus. While you're using up the last of your UltraClear, you may want to read Elson Haas's books on detoxing. He has some good recipes and steps to follow for detoxing as seasons change or for specific problems ranging from alcohol, refined sugar, smoking, etc.

Cheers,

OshaDawg

Comment

RE: extra support

Thanks much Osha; It's on the 4th day now, which is for me, always the "gee, I feel way too good", but last night was a first. Stopped at my local for dinner and they put my usual vodka soda on the bar with a smile before I order so I took it and sat down and looked at it for a few, than I handed it back and asked for a diet coke and a menu, said I was on pain killers and didn't want to mix, (so what's a teeny lie amongst friends?), had some wings, some diet cokes, chatted for a bit and left a $5 tip for a $3 tab...geez, I can afford to have a manicure on a budget like that...:rollin

Comment

Re: RE: extra support

Hoorah for you! Who cares about the teeny lie.

I'm not there yet... but I did download the book and have read several chapters. I'm mentally recalibrating. I only had 2 beers last night and felt great this morning. The book should keep me busy tonight, i hope!

Here's the "spring Master Cleanser" recipe from Elson Haas which I have enjoyed before and need to start back on. He says you can do a fast by drinking 8-12 glasses throughout the day plus water, chamomile and peppermint tea and "laxative herb tea". Make the cleanser fresh each time or place in glass not plastic container.

2 tablespoons fresh lemon or lime juice
        1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
        1/10 teaspoon cayenne pepper
        8 ounces spring water

It's really nice. I did not fast but just drank as a cleanser a few times/day in place of water. I may try the fast this Sunday.

Enjoy and keep pluggin!

Comment

Working...
        X