Monday will be the first day of the rest of my life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought a computer to join MWO. Bought a "mouse" today so I could navigate better. Have stocked up on "healthy beverages". Have my Antabuse in the drawer beside my bed. Told my new husband that I wasn't going to drink for a month so I could lose weight.

Any other ideas? Scared but excited! (Monday will be my first day AF in 10 years...)

Any support welcome (I can't talk to anyone I know!) :thanks:
    Anything I can Believe, I can Achieve!

I'm a believer too!

Lots and lots of great support is available here. I've wasted a whole month getting started, but I really feel good about this time being the last time. I love your enthusiasm. Just keep on reading the forum posts whenever you can.:h:h

Comment

Hi Believer .... Bottle that excitement!!!!

You sound really positive ........ use that feeling ........

When that feeliing dips then check in here .............. we will help you get it back ..........

Love & hugs, BB xx
      sigpicXXX

Comment

Believer...congratulations on establishing your target start date of Monday. If you need anything make sure that you post on the site so everyone can help you out.

In addition to what you have already arranged, I would also suggest that you think about your trigger points for drinking and make sure you are super busy during those time periods.

Post often...Case

Comment

god luck and peace and godbless
          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Welcome Believer,

Congratulations on making a plan for yourself (and getting the computer). Both will help you immensely. There is a wealth of information here and a wonderfully diverse group of supportive people to help you. Keep us updated with your progress.

Miso :heart:

Comment

Thanks everyone! It means so much not being alone!

I was going to say..."You have no idea what this means" but I think you all do!

1 more day...
              Anything I can Believe, I can Achieve!

Comment

Hi Believer
                I have just started too, I'm now day 1 AF and it felt so great to wake up fresher this morning. No hangover, no guilt, blackouts, paranoia etc etc etc. As everyone has said you sound so enthusiastic. We are all on the same journey, god bless you with yours and all the luck in the world. Look forward to hearing how you are getting on. XXXSeto

Comment

Believer,

You stated that tomorrow will be your first day at AF. I wanted to offer you the advice to try to cut down as much as possible today so that tomorrow will be easier for you. The day before I went AF my brain obsessively told me to drink as much AL as possible. It was crazy! It was like a squirrel stocking up on nuts for the winter! It really made my first two days a lot harder than they should have been.

Good luck on Monday...Case

Comment

wot a pretty frog there from Canada! Alcohol free, oh so much fun..you'll love it. :welcome: to the insane world of reality. :H

Comment

Believer - sounds like you are super MOTIVATED! I think that is the key ingredient. Case also gave some great advice about staying busy during trigger times. I'm still trying to get my "sober legs" under me. Come here often.
                      jane

In order to change we must be sick and tired of being sick and tired.
                      - Author unknown

Comment

Working...
                      X