my first day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my first day

Today is day 1 for me. I am finally accepting the fact that SOMETHING HAS TO GIVE! I am married and want children some day and with the past 10 years the way they have been, It's time. I guess you have to start somewhere, right?

my first day

Welcome Sundance!

Tell us more about yourself and what it has been like for you! We want to be here for you. I'm sure we'll be able to relate to you and you to us! MWO is a great forum and has helped so many people, including myself, to achieve their goals regarding alcohol!

Take care and good luck!
    Kathy

Comment

my first day

Hi Sundance - Welcome to our community. You have come to the right place. You will find a ton of support in here and make some friend from all over the globe along the way. It's truly and inspiring place.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

TTFN,
      Nomorewining

Comment

my first day

Thank you! I am just over it. I don't want to think I have a problem with alcohol, but the truth is, I can't control how much I take in. It's just the same thing all the time and I don't want to do it anymore. I don't go to bars, but drink at home where it seems okay, but really, it isn't. I don't want to go to AA or a rehab, not to say these programs don't work, but I want to do it on my own and maintain a controlled atmosphere.

Comment

my first day

Hi Sundance, welcome here. You found this site because you are looking to change and when you read through the stories you will find many you can relate to. I too drank at home up to two bottles of wine a day and I got to the point where I hated it.

I don't do that anymore and I am a much happier person so welcome and tell us what is going on and we will be here for you.

Yvonne

Comment

my first day

Hi Sundance,(love the name!), and welcome aboard! So, how's it going today? Hope you've had a little time to read over some posts and maybe find some common ground? That kinda thing does seem to happen here...Hope to here from you have a good day. Hugs, Judie

Comment

my first day

my first day

Hello, everyone. This weekend is going pretty slow and a little irritating. I am beginning the "My Way Out" book and it seems to help along with this website. Thank you very much and I will keep in touch.

Comment

my first day

day 1, here goes

hi all! day 1 for me here. feel like i've been drinkiing since birth. obviously i haven't hehe. i'm 39yr mum of 2 teenage girls. i stopped smoking last year after 28 yrs. now i've always drank, almost everyday but as i get older i don't want it in my life anymore. but i haven't been able to stop. in fact since quitting smoking i've developed a deep & meaningful relationship with red wine. now i've had enough. all tips gratefully received. wish you all well!

Comment

my first day

my first day

I can't believe that you guys are in the same boat as me. I thought I was some secret drinker and that nobody else did it!!!! I have been drinking two bottles of wine a day too for too long and have decided to stop. Yesterday was day one - and it was pretty difficult particularly in the evening when the kids got cranky. It will be great to have the support of others in the same boat - good luck to you all!!!

Comment

my first day

I have to say, that the weekend was pretty annoying, but last night was a big test. It was the end of ski season party at the resort I work at and while everyone around me was getting TRASHED!! my friend and I watched the entire debacle. I feel great today and will continue to do so. Thanks all!!

Comment

my first day

Oh boy! The end of ski season. Closing day is always such a huge party! I lived in a ski resort for 20 yrs. End of season is like "schools out" for all the "big kids"!
                      Used to love to ski on mushrooms & tequila...in a dress....customary, of course, it was expected! Definately some "magical" moments!
                      God, I miss skiing. Haven't done it since I left Colo. 8yrs ago
                      Congratulations on geting thru the last day and not indulging. That to me is a miracle. I've never done it. Wouldn't have even considered trying it when I lived & worked in T-ride. Happy Trails! Judie

Comment

Working...
                      X