I need to find MY way out...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know how to stop drinking. I know that's lame, and that you just STOP. But I don't and it's starting to ruin parts of my life. It is so sad to see that I have lost relationships because of my insane drunkeness. It's sad that I am so young and so addicted. I know that if I continue on this rampage I will at some point lose my husband, who is everything to me. I don't drink every day, and I am capable of only having a few drinks and then stopping. But not always. Often I don't stop, I get beligerant and lose it. I just keep drinking. Most people pass out, but not me... I keep going, act like a fool and embarrass myself and others.

I'm a strong believer in moderation, but this is one thing I don't feel like I can moderate. I feel like I would be weak to say that I can't "handle it" that I have to quit alltogether. I think it's to that point though. I know that my life would be so much healthier and happier without it, but to give it up is going to be a huge challenge/struggle.... I do crave it and that scares me. I don't know how to quit... but I want to so very badly.

Hi happiness and welcome to MWO!! The fact that you're here and you want to quit so badly is half the battle.

Taking responsibility, being positive and pure determination are vital in stopping the drink. You can do this, you can really take control of your life again and kick alcohol out of it.....once you do, you will then start to live again. Try and get yourself motivated by reading as much as you can.....all the posts on here, old and new, but also self-help books. Its time to take yourself by the scruff of the neck and make some changes. You have a choice - stay as you are or change your life...for the better. I can honestly say there is no comparison between the two worlds.

good luck - I'll look out for you on the boards!!

Janicexxx
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Happiness Shared...
      You've come to the right place ! Read the threads, share opions. Check out the reference materials & the medications to help you out. Lot's of support here. Keep posting ! IAD !
      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
      Dr. Seuss

Comment

Today is definetly day one for me. It's so great to have found a place to talk amongst others who share my problem. At this point I'm embarrased to talk about it with my friends and fam. It's going to be nice to have encouragement along the way. :thanks:

Comment

hello!

were you recommended this site? i wish you well and hope you find wot you need. :welcome:

Comment

Hey! Happiness is shared,

Am sure that most people on this site have:l made an butt of themselves when drinking. God knows I have. My family tells me I am like Jeckel and hide. Not drinking they think I am the greatest, drinking they can't stand me. It is hard to accept, because I don't see it in myself. However, obviously I am that way. Have had a couple of failed relationships, that when looking back I can only blame myself and my drunkeness sometimes. I started drinking as a young teen and have about 30 years of alcohol abuse. Something, I am very ashamed of making a lifestyle of and try everyday to overcome. I am now single, no kids, parents have passed on, siblings and all my friends are drinkers. It is very hard for me to draw the line, but, know I am killing myself physically. I could never give advice but just want to tell you, don't give up trying to quit.

Aileen

Comment

Welcome Happiness,

No need to be embarassed here. We all are or have been in the same boat. Keep on reading the posts. They will help you more than you can imagine. :h

Miso :heart:

Comment

Happiness ~ Welcome!

I feel like I would be weak to say that I can't "handle it" that I have to quit alltogether.
                You are not weak at all. Admitting that you can't handle alcohol is one of the strongest things you will ever do in your life.

There is a lot of inspiration and support here. Read a lot of the posts and post often. It really helps to talk things out.

Good luck. We are here for you.

Love, Me
                :l
                Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

[/QUOTE] You are not weak at all. Admitting that you can't handle alcohol is one of the strongest things you will ever do in your life.

Agree with that. And learning how to enjoy life without it one of the most satisfying and rewarding you will ever do. So the effort you put in to be strong about going without will be repaid in bucketloads by the enjoyment.

By the way, welcome too!!

Use as many tools/aids as you need. They will help back up your resolve and deal with the cravings. A large element will be down to you but you sound like you know what you want.

Bessie xx

Comment

Working...
                  X