Day 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 1

Morning: Poured the last 1/4 litre of wine down the sink (smiling). Took 1/4 of an Antabuse at 11 (to make sure there was more than 12 hours since drinking). Waited half an hour...nothing...so took the rest.

OK for most of the day, but now it's the witching hour. As soon as I walked in the door, everyone in the family asking for my help/attention. Hmmm. Need to find a way to "come down" from work and take some personal time before I give to everyone else. Not feeling cravings so much as crabby! Yikes!!! Will have to figure out how to deal with this "on edge" feeling.

Can only post for a short while at night, but will read any advice during the day.

THANKS!
    Anything I can Believe, I can Achieve!

Day 1

Good for you on pouring out the wine!! You should be amazingly proud of yourself!

Do you have the CDs? Can you listen to them during this stressful time? Perhaps tell the family that you need some "you" between a certain amount of time? Just a thought.

Let us know how you make out. Best of luck!

Love, Me
    :l
    Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

Day 1

great for you, l will be very interested in how you feel about taking the med antabuse and how it might help. I am thinking of taking it as I have relapsed into my drinking binges too often. Oh wow, how to handle the bewitching hour. Maybe some kind of time out rule, where you get X amount of private time ... change clothes, wash hands, etc. Then having to face the music I guess in inevitable. Wishing great success for you! Come back and post often, lots of us are interested in how you are doing!
      Matt

Comment

Day 1

Take 3 minutes between work and home.............even if you simply sit in the car and listen to the CD's. Stop and get a nice refreshing...HEALTHY drink, something that just makes ya happy.....and "CHILL OUT"..............
        Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Day 1

:goodjob:keep it up.. you can do this
          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Day 1

Thanks for the ideas everyone. Yes, I have the CDs...strange, but I didn't think about listening to them! Guess I was just so focused on what I was NOT doing

Time out would be a good idea too. Maybe I can ask everyone to give me ten minutes when I get home (even the dog wants my attention!). They've pretty much figured it out in the mornings...I can hardly string a sentence together before my first sip of coffee!

As for the Antabuse, I've basically decided I have no willpower (at least at the moment). This sort of takes the choice away. It's actually a relief that I don't have to battle against my will (you know...just one sip to "take the edge off"). Now I have to face the Edge!

:thanks:
            Anything I can Believe, I can Achieve!

Comment

Working...
            X