Hope this is as good as it sounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I accidently found this website when I was doing some research on a realted topic for work. I have been reading this information and posts on and off for a few days. It sounds very hopeful. I ordered the book and can't wait to read it and get started. This could be what I have been searching for. Wish me luck.

Good Luck and God speed.

Heavenly
    ?We are one another's angels?
    Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

Dagney, I am on day 5 of being sober, preceded by 9 days before my latest vodka binge. I have been to AA (which I like), shrinks meds, and prayer. But since MWO, well I just feel differently about the need to kick it for good. It is reading all of this truth, hope, despair, fear pain and sometimes victory that gives a reality to the fight for sobriety. Good luck, God bless, and post often. There are a whole lot of us who need your participation and want to know the details of your fight. Thanks,
      Matt

Comment

Dagney...Welcome!!! and Kudos to you for getting right on it and ordering the book! This program does work, if you work the program! The most important things that you can do is to commit to your sobriety and to make a personal plan and stick to it! Best wishes to you!!

Mathen, good job on day five! Keep going!

XX Kate
        A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

It is all what you put into it. If you give it your all it will give you back all you have lost to alcohol.

Comment

Dagny ~ Welcome!

I agree with all that's been said so far. We are here to help, but you must do the work.
            This program is amazing and has saved so many of us. Being on these boards as often as possible helps tremdously.

I can't wait to hear more from you. Good Luck!

Love, Me
            :l
            Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

hello!

me too thats how i found site..off booze and needed change. works for me..:welcome:

Comment

Dagny,
                Yes, it can work for you, if YOU want it to, and it sounds like you do! Please do yourself a favor and come around here very often, you will get a lot of inspiration and yes some humor on this site. No lectures, no anger..just support. Please keep us informed of your success and yes even your slips..we will all be here to help you get back up and move forward!
                Stay Strong!
                BHOG
                War isn't working. Let's try Peace!

Comment

Thanks

Thanks everyone for the encouragment. I find myself coming back to read the posts as often as I can in the past day or two. I expect the book will arrive in the mail by tomorrow or the next day. I could not find it in any bookstore. Are you finding the meds really reduce cravings? What about the CDs?

Comment

Welcome and Good Luck!

Best

22 Days Alcohol Free
                    "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Thanks for all the encouragment.

Comment

Dagny,

I wanted to add my :welcome: to everyone elses.

Glad you are here!!

You have good advice from everyone before me.

I do want to say that the meds have helped some, some have done without, etc. One of the great things about MWO is that you can tailor this program to suit your own needs.

If something doesn't help, then try something else.

Nothing is a silver bullet but anything that helps with the cravings makes success that much easier to achieve.

All the best to you.

(did anyone mention that you can download the book from this site already?)

Cindi
                        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hello and welcome, I stumbled upon the site quite by accident too. The book and reading posts is a great place to start. It is somewhat of a journey rather than a quick fix and tailoring of the programme to suit your individual needs. I have to say I was cynical about the supplements but they really do seem to replenish the body and take the edge of cravings. I loathed the CDs but there are loads of people who love them and use thm regularly. Anyway, good luck for your journey and let us know how you get on.
                          Nicole

Comment

Dagny.
                            I for one, really believe the cd's help me. I have some I used to help me quit smoking also. I take some of the supplements also--Allone, Kudzu, B+, magnesium, Omega 3's, GABA and sometimes L-glutamine. I'm not as faithful as I need to be, it seems like a lot to take.
                            I love this program,I hope you will too!
                            The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Working...
                            X